Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kestrel

Kestrel

Whos got the sharp price on a kestrel and or are the skywatch ones ok? Or crap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Kestral sell direct. Don't know if the ship to NZ though......

Try here Kestrel-Direct.com - Kestrel Weather Measurement

Yeh, I was seriously looking at them too after my POS Brunton (Silva) crapped out. I first contacted them in 2010 but at that stage although they said they would love to sell me one they could/would ("we are not able to ship internationally due to manufacturers' agreements") not ship internationally to NZ. They do now possibly @ US$44. They also advised at the time that "KestrelMeters.com is an authorized dealer selling Nielsen Kellerman products. To find a retailer near you, you will need to contact Nielsen Kellerman the manufacturer. Here is their New Zealand office contact" blah blah blah. So, they are not actually Kestrel but a reseller. And then I looked at NZ prices....... Sorry cannot answer your question re the other brand except to say go Kestrel. I made the mistake of getting a Silva Pro (their top model). First one konked out, kept resetting its date to jan 1, 01 and all data gone. Returned to States for a replacement under warranty now my current one is doing the same little trick. Also tried to measure the gale force winds we had a day or so ago and it wouldn't register even though it claims to be rated for those degree of winds. Don't buy a lesser being than Kestrel. Let us know how you get on. Or obviously you will post.
    Last edited by zimmer; 17-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Re: Kestrel

I dunno if its guna be that much hassle i may just chance 180 bucks on the skywatch 4

Just order one from Amazon or Sinclairs or any number of US based outfits that will all ship to NZ. Do not buy here or you will get SMOKED on price.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I would spend the $180 (plus a little bit) on this one instead...

Kestrel 2500 Pocket Weather Wind Temp Meter Temperature Orange 0825 | eBay
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I bought a 3500 off Ebay, cost me about $270 from memory. See it listed on a NZ site for $657...
    Last edited by The Claw; 18-10-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Re: Kestrel

Thanks for that very helpfull

I got one from 45 south it is the red model that sits in my cupboard, was a good price he done too.