Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kiwi.bloke
  • 1 Post By Kiwi.bloke
  • 1 Post By omark

Thread: Lee Enflied mk4 no2 F 2/50 Parker Hale Birmingham4 stamped rifle

Lee Enflied mk4 no2 F 2/50 Parker Hale Birmingham4 stamped rifle

Been asked to value the following rifle. It’s a Lee Enfield .303 Mk4 No2 (F) rifle, top of receiver is stamped Parker-Hale Birmingham4 and it has front and rear aperture sights, rear is a PH5C. So, I’m assuming it’s a 1950 made .303 that has been worked over by Parker Hale for target shooting in the 1950. Question is the value in its as a complete rifle or break it up as the sights seem to get silly money? Barrel looks shinny so it’s. Even looked after.

Name:  18FBD66D-70EB-4B17-AC4B-EC7631B91EC6.jpeg
Views: 574
Size:  2.43 MB

Name:  C5D3D8D0-18EF-41B2-99E5-F7CB7ADEEAEC.jpeg
Views: 544
Size:  737.0 KB

Name:  077C5EBF-32E8-4904-86E0-D90635137663.jpeg
Views: 519
Size:  1.23 MB
    scottrods and Cordite like this.

It has to be at least $700 and possibly more.

Thanks. My mate is digging bolt out of safe, I’m assuming matching numbers on bolt will be of added value.

Get issue sights and install them, then you'll get closer to 2 grand, and sell the ph5c to me.

I think he’s looking at 1300. Bore was scoped and it’s as perfect as you can get on a 70 year old rifle. Just some minor throat erosion. Very bright and shiny. I’m told it was tidiest he’s looked at for a while.

Bolt matches serial number wise, but magazine is not marked.
    Cordite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Get issue sights and install them, then you'll get closer to 2 grand, and sell the ph5c to me.
    It is a regulated target rifle with ball burnished barrel. Nice rifle and was probably 4 times the price of a standard no 4. A fair price would be around $700-900 Milspec No4s have also come back in price since the jacinda bucks dried up. It would be a shame to take the sights off as it was built as a target rifle. There are a few of us that collect target rifles who would be interested
    Boxton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by omark View Post
    It is a regulated target rifle with ball burnished barrel. Nice rifle and was probably 4 times the price of a standard no 4. A fair price would be around $700-900 Milspec No4s have also come back in price since the jacinda bucks dried up. It would be a shame to take the sights off as it was built as a target rifle. There are a few of us that collect target rifles who would be interested
    Thanks, I’m told barrel is outstanding so should be a decent shooter.