Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Leica

Leica

Let’s here you leica horror storeys mines freaking sickening

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Let’s here you leica horror storeys mines freaking sickening
    Bought a Leica range finder......left it in the long tussock after a successful hunt, didn't realize till I got home......went back 2x same day cause when I checked the replacement price it was "sickening"
    Luckily I found it and lived happily ever after
    #DANNYCENT

That’s good I hope you never need to use their warrenty

That’s good I hope you never need to use their warrenty
    Come on tell us, I was still fuming about your story today.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

In short iv being forced a paid up grade to 3200.coms after my brand new 2700 we’re faulty and they don’t have any 2700 to replace them so I get a $4000 leica credit with the option to pay another $1500 for the 3200.coms hardly seems like my problem they discontinued the 2700 my thoughts are give me my money back or upgrade me at your cost proxy freaking scum bags when their good their great but I’d discourage anyone from taking the risk
    stagstalker and TimC like this.

In short iv being forced a paid up grade to 3200.coms after my brand new 2700 we’re faulty and they don’t have any 2700 to replace them so I get a $4000 leica credit with the option to pay another $1500 for the 3200.coms hardly seems like my problem they discontinued the 2700 my thoughts are give me my money back or upgrade me at your cost proxy freaking scum bags when their good their great but I’d discourage anyone from taking the risk
    I'd be asking for a refund
    #DANNYCENT

In which case they are saying no you can have a credit

Yeah, consumer guarantees act gives 3 options for faulty goods - refund, repair, or replace. If they’re not doing the second or third option, you have the right to insist on a refund from wherever you bought it. They can’t just offer store credit, especially for a brand new faulty item.
    Shearer, dannyb, Kelton and 2 others like this.

I had good experience with them. The bought a second hand rangefinder off tm that developed an intermittent fault with the button. I sent it away for them to fix it, which they did for free. I was expecting to pay and was pleasantly surprised when I did not have to.
    Your story seems a bit shitty though

dannyb, 25/08 IMP and TimC like this.

Did you purchase from a retailer? Consumer Guarantees act may apply but generally most will deflect to the importer/ distributor or flee o rather than meet their obligations in my personal experience.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Did you purchase from a retailer? Consumer Guarantees act may apply but generally most will deflect to the importer/ distributor or flee o rather than meet their obligations in my personal experience.
    Yea I did the retailer has gone hand over foot fighting them to get any kind of result I’m well aware I’m within my rights to fight it and I’d likely win but times not on my side for a small claims case my retailer is dropping the brand moving foward . Silly blimen outfit when their biggest competitor is swarovoski who are renowned for their outstanding customer service just mind boggling

Yea I did the retailer has gone hand over foot fighting them to get any kind of result I’m well aware I’m within my rights to fight it and I’d likely win but times not on my side for a small claims case my retailer is dropping the brand moving foward . Silly blimen outfit when their biggest competitor is swarovoski who are renowned for their outstanding customer service just mind boggling
    Its not up to Distributor in any way, they may "look after" the retailer but the Consumers act is between retailer and you.
    They really have to take on chin and refund you, most retailers will try and blame/deflect issues onto distributors when they can to save face.
    Really both rely on you getting fed up and going away
    Grey Kiwi, BSA270 and Eat Meater like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Its not up to Distributor in any way, they may "look after" the retailer but the Consumers act is between retailer and you.
    They really have to take on chin and refund you, most retailers will try and blame/deflect issues onto distributors when they can to save face.
    Really both rely on you getting fed up and going away
    100%, none the less I mean this as a buyer beware more so than advice on moving forward not that I don’t appreciate it
    TimC likes this.

Gkp
    Leica is a good product but this sounds like pretty shit business practice by the local agent