Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Leica Geovid HD-B Binoccular Clarity

My ultravids were refurbished by Leica and the comparison was done within a week or so of receiving them back from Germany.
    So I guess optically they perform like new
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    From what I've heard, Yes the lenes in rangefinder bino's do have a different coating than standard bino's & opticly they are not quite as good, but to most people you would probably never really notice.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Top Member Remington 5R .300 Win Mag's Avatar
    Obviously A Different Planet To The One You Bastards Are On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    From what I've heard, Yes the lenes in rangefinder bino's do have a different coating than standard bino's & opticly they are not quite as good, but to most people you would probably never really notice.
    I'd heard, about ten years or so ago, when I a mate and I were looking at buying bino's, that the range finding ones were not quite as good optically as the standard ones (ie Geovids Vs Ultravids) however, I'd never heard of this "special coating!"

I took my Ultra's down to my local Hunting and Fishing store last Saturday (the day before I sold them) in the bid that they had a set of the new Geo's in stock that I could compare them with, but they didn't so I guess I'll, I was gonna say "Die" not knowing the difference, but I'll amend that to "Buy" not knowing the difference, and hopefully, as you say, I'll never notice any difference!
    "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"!

Ejected
    Real world difference will probably be loose ability to see clearly at 2105 instead of 2108hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Real world difference will probably be loose ability to see clearly at 2105 instead of 2108hrs
    Wow! That's a huge deal aye?

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington 5R .300 Win Mag View Post
    Wow! That's a huge deal aye?
    Guess it could be if a big stag walked out at that time

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    BRADS likes this.

[QUOTE=Nibblet;451237]Guess it could be if a big stag walked out at that time

Sent from my SM

Schitt, you've just put me off buying them!

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Also remember that putting a read out in the field of view also affects the optics, If you want the very best than stick with straight top of the line bino's but like I said before - most people won't notice any difference Zeiss, Lecia or Swavo's they are all grouse
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Also remember that putting a read out in the field of view also affects the optics, If you want the very best than stick with straight top of the line bino's but like I said before - most people won't notice any difference Zeiss, Lecia or Swavo's they are all grouse
    The guys that can tell the difference between Zeiss, Leica or Swavo's certainly wouldn't be using anything else..... because they are all grouse

i have a pair of Leica geovids hd-b 10x42. i know there better then my brothers minox HG 10x43, slightly crisper, the leicas work well way past 800plus yards, but from what i know the new ultravid hd are slightly clearer, i personally cant tell the difference but in the price range, would i buy a new set or hd-b's agen?................. nope not unless they were under $4000.

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    i have a pair of Leica geovids hd-b 10x42. i know there better then my brothers minox HG 10x43, slightly crisper, the leicas work well way past 800plus yards, but from what i know the new ultravid hd are slightly clearer, i personally cant tell the difference but in the price range, would i buy a new set or hd-b's agen?................. nope not unless they were under $4000.
    Thanks for that. What did you pay for yours?

mine were an insurance replacement to a guy, who at first was told they weren't covered, so he went out a got a new pair, then he was told he would get a replacement pair and could not get a pay out so ended up with two pairs. i think i paid $3800 for them off him, it took me 3 weeks to decide weather or not to buy them, the bloody things are worth more then my current car haha but i should never have to buy anther pair of binos or a rangefinder ever agen............... I hope............

mine were an insurance replacement to a guy, who at first was told they weren't covered, so he went out a got a new pair, then he was told he would get a replacement pair and could not get a pay out so ended up with two pairs. i think i paid $3800 for them off him, it took me 3 weeks to decide weather or not to buy them, the bloody things are worth more then my current car haha but i should never have to buy anther pair of binos or a rangefinder ever agen............... I hope............
    Oh, you got a good deal cobba, the cheapest I've seen them is $4,400, 'Hunting and Thieving' have got them listed in their latest catalogue for about $4,870, I believe! At the price you paid for them, you can afford to give an honest testimony!
    Thanks.

I hope Murphy isn't watching

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

when i was comparing priceing, i found dead eye dicks the cheapest if that is any help.