Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Leica Geovid HD-B Binoccular Clarity

Top Member Remington 5R .300 Win Mag's Avatar
    Obviously A Different Planet To The One You Bastards Are On!
    Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    when i was comparing priceing, i found dead eye dicks the cheapest if that is any help.
    Thanks mate, anything like that helps!
    "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"!

Check out Jacobs digital. Seem to have good prices on binos

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Check out Jacobs digital. Seem to have good prices on binos

Thanks Timmay, they're the $4,400 one I mentioned earlier. At this stage, that's where I'll go!

Quote Originally Posted by Remington 5R .300 Win Mag View Post
    I've just got off the phone to a fella who told me that he had a set of Bushnell Range Finding Binoculars, and, in order to be safe, all range finding binoculars (and monoculars) have to have a special coating added to the objective lenses, in order to prevent the laser beam from damaging the user's eyes!
    Let's think about this logically, if this "special coating" was required to protect the user's eyes, from what is reflected back from "the target", what is protecting the eyes of "the target" which will have a direct rather than reflected beam.

Quote Originally Posted by karearea View Post
    Let's think about this logically, if this "special coating" was required to protect the user's eyes, from what is reflected back from "the target", what is protecting the eyes of "the target" which will have a direct rather than reflected beam.
    I thought you said "logically"!

This is a "hunting" forum! The target is meat, mate, or soon to become meat... what is protecting the ass of the target once the .30 calibre projectile pierces it's hyde?
    BRADS likes this.

I thought you said "logically"!

This is a "hunting" forum! The target is meat, mate, or soon to become meat... what is protecting the ass of the target once the .30 calibre projectile pierces it's hyde?
    My bad, I must have missed the bit in the manual that states you can only use LRFs for "hunting".
    10-Ring likes this.

Finally got a set of these today, and MAN, there's a lot I can say I don't like about them! I haven't even got to check the quality of the lenses yet, as it was well after 6 PM when they arrived and it was already after dark!

Anyways, I set up my ballistic curves using one of the 12 pre-programmed ballistic curves (EU 3 I chose, that best suited my trajectory) then I went online, worked out my 'more precise' curve, transferred it to my Micro SD card and then placed it in the card slot in the battery housing, facing forward and seating it fully home (as per instructions)

I then proceeded to re-program the binos using the SD card and I can't find hide nor hair of the card in the menu anywhere! Question: At what stage of the game and whereabouts do I get to see this card show up in the menu so as I can set it to the online curve that I'd just programmed?

Finally got a set of these today, and MAN, there's a lot I can say I don't like about them! I haven't even got to check the quality of the lenses yet, as it was well after 6 PM when they arrived and it was already after dark!

Anyways, I set up my ballistic curves using one of the 12 pre-programmed ballistic curves (EU 3 I chose, that best suited my trajectory) then I went online, worked out my 'more precise' curve, transferred it to my Micro SD card and then placed it in the card slot in the battery housing, facing forward and seating it fully home (as per instructions)

I then proceeded to re-program the binos using the SD card and I can't find hide nor hair of the card in the menu anywhere! Question: At what stage of the game and whereabouts do I get to see this card show up in the menu so as I can set it to the online curve that I'd just programmed?
    Problem sorted. I 'formatted' my Micro SD Card and loaded the Leica Ballistics information back onto it, and the binos went for it like kissing your sister!

The other thing I did was, the 'first' time I loaded up the information it said "Don't Rename the Drop File" (or words to that effect) and, not fully understanding what that meant and wanting to know exactly what calibre the ballistic information on the card was for, in order to avoid future confusion, I named it .30-06 Drop Curve (it was, or the program wanted to simply call it "drop") The second time around I simply left it as 'drop'! Now, I don't know if that made a difference or not, but anyway, all sorted now.

I might do my own online review of these things