Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Let's talk about upgrading my scope

You would get a nice peice of European Glass for half your budget over here.

A Schmidt & Bender 6x42 is a hell of a versitile scope and it will outlast you and your grandkids even if it was second hand when you bought it.
    Bagheera, 57jl, Moa Hunter and 1 others like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

Hi, I have a new / not used Leupold VX3i 4.5 - 14 x 40, Matte - 1in Duplex, if anyone interested , say $1.0 k.

Hey thanks all, some awesome suggestions here!

For those of you who have offered scopes for sale, cheers but I'm still probably about a month at least off actually being able to lay out the money (budgeting around kids is fun hey?) But again, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    You would get a nice peice of European Glass for half your budget over here.

A Schmidt & Bender 6x42 is a hell of a versitile scope and it will outlast you and your grandkids even if it was second hand when you bought it.
    Until it needs to be repaired, then you might as well bin it for what S&B charge for servicing.

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Leupod VX5HD is the easiest choice. plenty around, second hand ones come up all the time. New design and lastest tech. all around good choice.

Vortex LHT is a slightly better but less popular scope, partly because it is newer and partly Leupold has a bigger brand name in NZ. LHT offers a 50mm version but it is more rare and more expensive. You do not really need 50mm for under 15x.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post
    Leupod VX5HD is the easiest choice. plenty around, second hand ones come up all the time. New design and lastest tech. all around good choice.

Vortex LHT is a slightly better but less popular scope, partly because it is newer and partly Leupold has a bigger brand name in NZ. LHT offers a 50mm version but it is more rare and more expensive. You do not really need 50mm for under 15x.
    Vortex LHT might have good features but the reticles suck, they made a hunting scope with a 'gamer' reticle... why?!