Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Leupold CDS

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    Get one with a zero lock because the dial turns real easy while you carry it.
    If you get your custom turret done it comes back with a zero lock
    Stocky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    If you get your custom turret done it comes back with a zero lock
    Or you just drill the detent for the ball bearing inside. It's fairly easy. Took me 5mins ans I didnt have to wait for a custom turret.
    Nathan F, Moa Hunter and Ned like this.

Banned
    You can make your own 'custom' dial surround out of a piece of thin walled pvc pipe slipped over the standard dial and just write the distances on it. Protects the dial and can be changed for different loads / balls ups, all whilst saving up for a Swaro
    Tahr, Bill999, Dama dama and 1 others like this.

Ned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    You can make your own 'custom' dial surround out of a piece of thin walled pvc pipe slipped over the standard dial and just write the distances on it. Protects the dial and can be changed for different loads / balls ups, all whilst saving up for a Swaro
    I'm playing around with a spreadsheet that should do the same thing. Punch in all the numbers and then just print out as many strips as you want to tape on the dial. Still a work in progress but once I'm happy with it I'll post up here to share.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.

So how does it work? does a new cds leupold scope come with a voucher you send away with your data?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    So how does it work? does a new cds leupold scope come with a voucher you send away with your data?
    Pretty much

Correct

So when it comes to altitude, for the CDS system, taking into account we hunt anywhere from sea level to 1500+ mtrs . How critical is the altitude we go for in the cds?
    Eg most of my hunting would be around 500mtrs, but in fiordland you can easily go from waters edge sea level to the tops.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg-M View Post
    So when it comes to altitude, for the CDS system, taking into account we hunt anywhere from sea level to 1500+ mtrs . How critical is the altitude we go for in the cds?
    Eg most of my hunting would be around 500mtrs, but in fiordland you can easily go from waters edge sea level to the tops.
    Any suggestions?
    Go to your ballistic app and vary it. I personally just use MOA and a drop chart/ballistics app. For my drop charts I set the all for 1200m altitude as thats where 90% of my hunting is

Quote Originally Posted by Greg-M View Post
    Any suggestions?
    You can set the 'pressure to absolute' then just enter known pressure.

Name:  FA01BFF4-01F0-41A7-9DC2-EA8059DE5FF2.jpeg
Views: 173
Size:  140.3 KB

Any of the more modern leupolds definitely on vx3 and VXR scopes have a plastic cap under the cap. These can be removed and replaced with the S1 dial. It’s a factory Dial on a running nut that is a cap and dial in one. Mine cost about $120 few years back. Works a treat on my VXR,