Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It is nice & sunny today in Nelson unlike the North Island yesterday morning so I was up the range doing more load development.
    As I have a couple of 4.5-14 x 40 VX3 CDS scopes I thought I would check the parallex issue.
    There is a slip off a road that is 1014 yards away 9 degrees up with some nice little rocks on it.
    I set the rifle up, put the scope on 14 power & found that by moving my head up & down until I lost the sight picture when the scope view blacked out, I had about 4-6 inches of verticle cross hair movement.
    I noticed it was more on lower powers but I use 14 whilst shooting at distance.
    I checked the amount using my NSX NPR1, I noticed that if I inaccurately adjusted the parallex on it the movement was greater but it was hard to discern as naturally the image wasn't in focus.
    I generally only shoot out to 5-700 yards with the rifles that they are on so I don't see parallex being an issue at all at those ranges.

The 4.5-14 x 40 vx3 comes with adjustable objective and also side focus in another model(lr), so which model is the one to go for that would minimse parallex issues and what do the two features actually acheive?
    Choosing a scope is a real mind field as what to get given the huge choice available on these websites such as optic zone.