Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: List of shops to buy gear from overseas

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    I've got one on my bolt 22. Was wanting different for the semi.
    Need a new scope for the 308 as well but bushnells out now.
    Shame coz there trophys are good for a "cheap don't mind falling over in the kaimai's" scope

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

If you get a night force you won't mind falling over anywhere!
    Ryan_Songhurst likes this.

One of those would be good but the second phase of a30 06 project just popped up. Funds are a bit pre-spent right now

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Has anyone had much luck using a freight forwarder or you post to by pass the silly restrictions.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    S.E.G likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Has anyone had much luck using a freight forwarder or you post to by pass the silly restrictions.

Some sites wont ship orders if the credit card address isn't US based. I wouldn't be so pissed if most NZ retailers didn't mark up so much.

It's a shame really I can't add to this list as I live in the U.K.
    Just waiting in Dubai for the flight back after the 16.5 from Auckland
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Bus driver
    I have helped a couple of blokes on this site....I have a US address as well....I get 75% off fedex shipping....I have a kiwi bank account...as long as its not too big,as post office shipping from here is cagey sometimes,....I believe I can help....PM me,we can talk
    Beaker, grunzter, quentin and 1 others like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

http://4range.com

Maxim is brilliant to deal with. Although they wont ship directly from the states they will compile your order with their russian supplier and drop ship from there. 10 days later its on your door step. No state department crap and fees, no $100 gun parts limit, just good ole fashion service minus the bureaucracy. Go russia. Have bought in over a thousand bucks worth of stuff in the last month or so with no hassels.
    Paddy79 likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Towely View Post
    http://4range.com

Maxim is brilliant to deal with. Although they wont ship directly from the states they will compile your order with their russian supplier and drop ship from there. 10 days later its on your door step. No state department crap and fees, no $100 gun parts limit, just good ole fashion service minus the bureaucracy. Go russia. Have bought in over a thousand bucks worth of stuff in the last month or so with no hassels.
    Are you sure they're not still underwater?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post

YouShop won't touch anything 'gun' related,....that includes scopes etc, don't even try.

Also applies to most freight forwarders that give you a US shipping address. Yes you can buy it, but they won't ship it. I sent a Zeiss Diavari to Kenton Industries to have dialable turrets fitted, and arranged my own shipping via Shipito....they refused to ship it and weren't going to ship it back to Kenton even though it was internal US shipping, and threatened to destroy it.

Best deal with a retailer that will ship.....I also found that some are wary about email enquiries....big brother etc.

One in particular, probably the largest supplier of Euro and high stuff couldn't have been more helpful over the phone.....

B
    Russian 22. likes this.

Anyone tried U-buy.co.nz? It appears they do sell and ship gun-related items via the US. I've only checked out scopes, scope mounts and vertical grips. Not interested in action parts as one can buy these things easily from Brownells instead.

Not firearm related but I have bought boots / shoes for hunting from Wiggle | Salomon X Ultra Mid 2 GTX Shoes | Fast Hike
    Free shipping options available.
    As an example a pair of boots that retail here "on sale" at Kathmandu for $310 are $137 delivered

Reloading related I have bought off Sinclairs a few times, but freight is spendy, also as mentioned BRT out of Aussie are good too.

I have a couple of pairs of salomons for shooting in, bought them off wiggle, would highly reccomend them as well. Can get them for a hundred bucks less than they retail here for. And shipping is free. Go try them on at katmandu to get a size and then feel realy good about how much youre going to save as you walk out of that overpriced shop
    Smiddy and Steve123 like this.