Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: LR precision rifle suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    Go to Reloader they have a European suppressor that rocks,I got one an they be real quiet-slightly heavy
    Was that a Sonic one ?

What is reloader?

Nevermind found it. They don't have anything in 6.5mm though. What are you using on yours el b?

I have this from reloaders on my 260rem

ASE UTRA Jet-Z Supressor

Please state your required caliber in the comments box when you check out. Calibers available are 223, 243,

The Ase Utra jet-ZTMCOMPACT is a high-performance suppressor designed for centrefire rifles up to .300 Win Mag calibre.
    Manufactured in Finland by Ase Utra OY, the jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressors incorporate Ase Utra’s pat- ented jet-ZTMbaffle system. The suppressors are all-steel, all-welded units rated for hunting, sport shooting or professional use on bolt-action or semi-automatic weapons.
    The jet-ZTMCOMPACT and suppressor adds only 550 to 570 grams net weight and 150 mm net length to a typical rifle – and with a diameter of just 40 mm, the suppressor is slim enough to be used with low-mounted telescopic or iron sights.
    The jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressors are available with 1⁄2”x20 UNF threads to fit most current centrefire rifles.
    Performance
    The jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressor reduces the weapon sound pressure level by 29 to 32 dB (depending on ammunition type), and significantly reduces recoil and muzzle flash. The result is a weapon firing full power ammunition, with a muzzle signature lower than that of an unsuppressed .22 rimfire rifle. All standard rifles tested with the jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressors comply with the latest personal noise exposure limit set by European Directive 2003/10/EC (140 Pa or 137 dB(C)).
    Specifications
    Weight (Depending on calibre and thread type) 550-570 g
    Diameter 40 mm
    Overall length of suppressor body / 180 / 150 mm Added length to weapon
    Net sound suppresssion (ref. U.S. MIL-STD-1474D ) 29-32 dB (A)
    Warranty 2 years
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

R93
    Mate, a Gunworks maximus supp is all you need. They are light for the size and as quiet as you will get on a .260. I doubt you will ever need it but the follow up service is second to none and in NZ, so why would you bother with gear from overseas that if had a problem would be a time problem for you.
    I run a 6.5 on a carbon sleeved supp that Tui man made me. As good as any out there IMO.
    I use a break for LR stuff however.

Of Gunworks or Hardy , I would go Gunworks .
    BUT the best designed & made can I have yet seen in NZ is HCS , and thats saying something .
    I have a few Euro cans as well .
    I have 2 steel 338LM cans , and never had a problem with either , and have a all aluminium can for 338LM as well , and although normally I would not reccommend such a material to contain the 90-100grs of powder of a 338LM , my alloy can is the one the Brit Army use on their AI AWSMs , so I think its OK to use , it does however mount over a large steel muzzle brake ( when used as such the muzzle brake will act as a steel blast baffle , ie it will not get EATEN as much/quickly as Aluminium ) .

Other than having a large custom designed SS can for the 338LM , the best I can reccomend is the new AU borelock design for the Sako TRG-42 , out side the US , I believe its the best 338 can available .

Later Chris
    von tempsky fan likes this.

NO the Sonics , is I think a local Kiwi can , and its not a bad design or construction , its modular and is Aluminium , BUT has a nice little touch the center 1/3 of the baffle is a SS insert , so it should last more than a 100% Aluminium can if tha makes sense .

As its not a magnum I'd get a gunworks drelium, lifetime backup warranty and great service.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

LJP
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    I have this from reloaders on my 260rem

ASE UTRA Jet-Z Supressor

Please state your required caliber in the comments box when you check out. Calibers available are 223, 243,

The Ase Utra jet-ZTMCOMPACT is a high-performance suppressor designed for centrefire rifles up to .300 Win Mag calibre.
    Manufactured in Finland by Ase Utra OY, the jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressors incorporate Ase Utra’s pat- ented jet-ZTMbaffle system. The suppressors are all-steel, all-welded units rated for hunting, sport shooting or professional use on bolt-action or semi-automatic weapons.
    The jet-ZTMCOMPACT and suppressor adds only 550 to 570 grams net weight and 150 mm net length to a typical rifle – and with a diameter of just 40 mm, the suppressor is slim enough to be used with low-mounted telescopic or iron sights.
    The jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressors are available with 1⁄2”x20 UNF threads to fit most current centrefire rifles.
    Performance
    The jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressor reduces the weapon sound pressure level by 29 to 32 dB (depending on ammunition type), and significantly reduces recoil and muzzle flash. The result is a weapon firing full power ammunition, with a muzzle signature lower than that of an unsuppressed .22 rimfire rifle. All standard rifles tested with the jet-ZTMCOMPACT suppressors comply with the latest personal noise exposure limit set by European Directive 2003/10/EC (140 Pa or 137 dB(C)).
    Specifications
    Weight (Depending on calibre and thread type) 550-570 g
    Diameter 40 mm
    Overall length of suppressor body / 180 / 150 mm Added length to weapon
    Net sound suppresssion (ref. U.S. MIL-STD-1474D ) 29-32 dB (A)
    Warranty 2 years

Yes I also found the ASE suppressors fantastic. Heavy but compact & very quiet. I gather Reloaders will no longer be importing them & will be using another brand in their place.