Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MAE Ar Suppressor ?

Plan to tomorrow/today. (Thursday) Ill let u know. ill even see if i can do a vid comparing noise, but with the range booths being small and concrete lined I'm not sure how it will work.

Ok. So took the rifle to the range today and put together a little vid. Really like the suppressor. Its overall length and weight are comparable to other brands, yet this is full steel so it can take a beating. 205mm long and 340g. Great little unit. The diameter is the really impressive part, only 31.8mm. This is small enough to fit under even slim/low profile hand guards. Rifle needs an adjustable gas block as it is now well ad truly over gassed. Something to note when watching the video, the unsuppressed shots actually sound quieter in the video due to the mic cutting out and the booth forcing noise away, yet the suppressed shots actually sound louder than they do in real life. You can still tell the difference tho.

Name:  IMG_0616.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  768.9 KBName:  IMG_0618.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  562.0 KBName:  IMG_0619.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  849.7 KBName:  IMG_0621.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  752.0 KB

How have you found the MAE suppressor ?

Awesome. MAE has a rep of being heavy but not the case with this one. Never concerned about taking multiple shots and it takes a hiding. Good value for money and would be quieter than both a Hardy and DPT on a similar set up.

I have a MAE suppressor on my 9mm AR , works a treat !

I'm running the same suppressor on my 223 Rem700. (224 ST) Used it to replace my DPT can, which was really good, just not best suited to the frequency of shots I was putting down the barrel when chasing rabbits and roos. DPT would have been approaching 2k rounds with nil care, frequently got it too hot to touch (along with the barrel) but still performed well. Gave it away to my brother who probably hasn't even used it yet..

I really like the slimness of the MAE, weight is fine at ~350g.

Volume wise, admittedly compared to a DPT that may have been approaching end of life, it was definitely a good bit quieter. Also compared to a few various other cans on different rifles, probably the quietest 223 can I've heard.

Very good value/performance/weight/lifetime balance.

Hardly fired a shot this year.. this is just making me miss it even more..

Thanks for the reply.

Based on the positive feed back on MAE Visited the guys at MAE yesterday, had a good chat about options and AR's

So have new Compact T on order.

https://mae.co.nz/collections/t-seri...mpact-t-series

I went for the Compact T as I'm running a 18 barrel and want to reduce the overall length and have a Aero Precision M4E1 hand guard so the 38mm dia suppressor will fit under the hand guard.
    Double Shot and grunzter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMAN View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Based on the positive feed back on MAE Visited the guys at MAE yesterday, had a good chat about options and AR's

So have new Compact T on order.

https://mae.co.nz/collections/t-seri...mpact-t-series

I went for the Compact T as I'm running a 18 barrel and want to reduce the overall length and have a Aero Precision M4E1 hand guard so the 38mm dia suppressor will fit under the hand guard.
    Bet you'll be well pleased mate, a new compact is being made for me, and my LEM-A10 for the .300 Blaser Magnum has been finished and about to be test fired with the rifle. MAE are the goods in my opinion, Gary and Jeff know there stuff and will bend over backwards to help anyone out.
    seano likes this.