Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Martch hunting scopes

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar

Re: Martch hunting scopes

I'm holding out hoping that Premier will release a 5-25 version of their light tactical scope. I have a 3-15 version & one of the heritage 5-25's (big, heavy beast), really impressed with both of them (but I have to be since I own 2...) Swarovski has really nice glass, I'm just not convinced about their long term dialling ability. I have a Z6, 2 Z3's & can see a Z5 in the future possibly, but none of them are dialling scopes (2 have ballistic reticles)

Shot show is only about a week away, surely something nice will come out there to fit the bill...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Yep I'm not a big fan of them myself, however lots of other people are, but I find a lot of people are to proud of what they own to tell the honest truth, it always amazes me how defensive some people get over their optics.
    I wish they were more of a 3-18x50 style scope, I think they would be a lot better package if they were not so ambitious with their mag range.
    Or maybe it’s just that their truth is different from your truth?
    Also some people like to bash good products to pump themselves full of self importance and constantly change gear madly rushing to the next new thing before they have any real understanding of how to use what they have.
    Or am I just being defensive here?

Anyway you sugested a VX 6, might be a good option. Defiantly good timing because you are trying to sell one after a very short time? at a pretty cheap price as well.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...de-focus-4986/
    I hope the adjustments are better than the one I tried because it was horrible. I have a $250.00 mueler that has more feel.
    I’m not much of a follower of any one one writer or shooter but as you quoted Mr Duely I note that in his last mag he called the March an " awesome all round hunting scope..." I don’t see any adverts from Deon in the mag to incite the conspiracy theorists but there are a few From NZ Asia? Maybe there are some in earlier issues, this is the first one Iv bought in a while.
    I can't comment on the FFP version, I don’t like FFP and always thought the 8x was going to be a stretch as well but others seem to manage with them. I have however had the sfp version for 3-4 years. Iv carried it through the Manson, Kaikouras, Marlborough high country, west coast, Tahr hunting around Mt cook, many boat trips to the farm and it’s been very good. There have been a few errors but only with the shooter never the scope Iv seen no sign of this "soft tube" but then Im not hard gear. I don’t have any issues with the eye box and the 42mm objective is a compromise I’m more than happy to make. It’s not perfect, there is no perfect scope, if there was all other scopes would go out of production, but it fits my likes/wants better than anything else so far. I think of it as a really nice 2.5-18x42 with an extra 7x boost when the conditions are good so their mag range is one of the benefits for me. On one trip my mate twice grabbed my march to see if the brown blobs he was looking at through his leupold in the distance where deer or not
    Defensive? I don’t think so but maybe a little. I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion on that as well
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

L.R
    Mate you have just proven my point, a perfect case of what I described in my earlier post. Yes I have a VX6 for sale, did you see me pushing my one in my post like most people here do? I think the fact that you try to attack my integrity just because I post my thoughts on your model of scope, just goes to show how defensive you are of it. Why not just argue the merits of your scope instead of trying to make out like I dont know what im talking about. Just for your information I have owned or own just about all the high end brands of scopes so I do have shit to compare with, do you?
    BRADS likes this.

R93

Martch hunting scopes

I have a March and love it.
    Haven't had any problems.
    10 times better than the military Schmit and benders we used.
    Had all the top brands at one time or another as well.
    What ever blows your hair back when choosing gear.
    Didn't think sneeze was attacking anyone the way I read it.
    Seems to have a similar opinion too myself about certain writers though ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

What you got 93?

2.5-25 or 3-24ffp in tact or hunting?

R93

Martch hunting scopes

The 2.5-25 x 42 hunting with a boring old duplex ret.
    Only had it 6 months and to be honest it is much of a muchness when it comes to scopes of that price range IMO.
    I am happy with it but should have spent a bit more for the illum ret in a tactical version. As I have missed out on a stag of size due to not being able to see my reticule and swore I'd get an illum ret.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Mate you have just proven my point, a perfect case of what I described in my earlier post. Yes I have a VX6 for sale, did you see me pushing my one in my post like most people here do? I think the fact that you try to attack my integrity just because I post my thoughts on your model of scope, just goes to show how defensive you are of it. Why not just argue the merits of your scope instead of trying to make out like I dont know what im talking about. Just for your information I have owned or own just about all the high end brands of scopes so I do have shit to compare with, do you?
    Hmmm you seem a little defensive there fulla.
    I wasnt questioning your integrityat all just puting up an opposeing point of view on the "people getting defensive" statment you made. The reference to the scope you are selling was to do with you recomending a scope that you had owned and where selling but made no reference to that fact in your recomendation.
    I thought I had argued the merits of the scope as I saw them? But then Iv got things wrong before.
    And a pissing competition ? yes Iv had afew top line scopes to compare. If you search the old forum youll find a thread of mine with a nightforce and a PMII alongside the march. I kept the March and havnt bothered with the others. I do have a couple of swaros that are ok. I have worked hard enough over the years to be able to buy any scope I like.
    main question though , how man smily faces do I havet to put in a post to show that Im just taking the piss? is there a number because I thought Id put in enough.

L.R
    Ill stand by what I say, I have owned one March FFP and used another SFP and while I agree the specs are fantastic on paper they don't quite translate to such a perfect scope in the real world. The March IMO does not compare to a PMII and only beats it in the size and weight department. I want them to be a fantastic scope as it would solve a lot of the issues finding a good LR hunting scope. My opinion is for anyone else out there who is not blinded by their March ownership and who may want to hear an honest experience. Believe me if i thought it was a good scope i would still own it. As for the VX6 I believe it will prove to be a very popular long range hunting scope, with the CDS turret installed it much improves the click feel. The reason for me selling it is that I no longer require it.

Stand by your opinion by all means thats what internet forums are for. As Iv already stated there is no perfect scope and there will always be differing opions on the ones available.
    I agree with your statement about the PM II vs March but the point you are missing is that the march is pretty close in all aspects and clearly wins on size and weight, from my "defensive " position the size and weight are far more beneficial to me than the differences in other features. So we have a difference of opinion ... thats cool
    Whats not so cool is you claiming that those who don't agree with you are just being defensive or are being blinded by their March ownership. Thats what sparked my jibe . But again nothing serious here, I should have been fishing with R93 today but the weathers crap
    Last edited by sneeze; 09-01-2013 at 05:24 PM.

L.R
    I made that statement before any March owners jumped in because I know that people always get super defensive over their optics regardless of brand if someone says something negative about them.

I do not agree with you that the March features are close to a PMII, I believe that the March scope is a big compromise to fit the features they have into such a compact scope. Not to worry tho someone will get it right one day.

I had a NF 5.5-22x56 on my general hunting rifle but found it too heavy so went to a March 2.5-22 Tacticle. Personally I dont rate the glass as high as the NF, and it certainly wont pull in the light like the big 56mm objective, but as has been said already it is a compromise. It has good bottom end magnification at 2.5 and great top range for when conditions allow. Weight compares with the Leupold Mark 4's. I think I read on the other forum last night that March are looking at bring out a 2.5-25x52 model. Depending on the weight, that would be about perfect IMO! Time will tell I guess, and i'm sure other manufacters will increase their line up also.

L.R
    I would agree that the 50mm version should make for a good improvement on the 42mm version.

Cheers for all the opinions and suggestions guys,

I have a z5 but i dont think the dials are very good for dialling with,

I will be looking into the mark 6, vx6 aswell as the march a bit more.

I have a vx3 on my 243 with m1 turrets that dosnt get much use so i may just put that on for now. 4.5-14lr wont be to bad for now at least.

R93

Martch hunting scopes

Well don't get a March coz a lot of people on the forum are blinded by owning one?
    Ha Ha Ha FFS! We all must be morons.

L.R
    You guys just keep on proving my point. Morons