Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Mosin Nagant identification

Mosin Nagant identification

Hello chaps,

There are two mosins in guncity. I'm not sure if I can post links in here, but:

https://www.guncity.com/762x54r-mosi...eceiver-366201
    https://www.guncity.com/762x54r-mosi...eceiver-366202

Which mosins are these? As far as I can tell it's not 1907 carbine. Does anyone know for sure?

Tommy likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

No expert but I'd be wary. Bolt handle and rear sight don't appear correct for the M1907.

Maybe a GC special

The 1907 Carbine

Ring them up, I did and tlaked to them when i bought one about 10 years ago, had one picked out over the phone. they wer great to deal with.

Looks like wrong front sight, wrong rear sight, aftermarket bolt handle (and the stock has had a notch cut to allow this), no cleaning rod, and what looks like a different front end-cap thing. GC special looks about right.

Apart from the sniper versions of the full length rifle no variations of the nagant had a turned down bolt handle. The rear sight is wrong and the stock also looks wrong. The 1907 carbine is a bitza probably made by chopping a 91/30 down and modding a laminated rifle stock from the 50s.

Save your money, not the real deal.

Every "real " Mosin I have seen has the bolt handle sticking straight out when closed and straight up when open. It makes it easier to use when wearing thick russian gloves to fight the cold....The turn down kits and various modifications are to fit scopes. Maybe it is just the bolts that are not original, but certainly something is different.

They're mocked up 1907s to sell to unaware buyers.

Pretty bad really.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I had a look at them pretty well done makes me think they where converted for a reason and all the hex receivers are early ones why would they go to so much trouble shortening a 91/30 when they worth money as they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxfordkeith View Post
    I had a look at them pretty well done makes me think they where converted for a reason and all the hex receivers are early ones why would they go to so much trouble shortening a 91/30 when they worth money as they are?
    They go to that much trouble because a 1907 carbine is generally around the $2kUSD mark, also these were shortened at the source(not by GC) in a surplus warehouse where they are probably tripping over spare mosin parts, if you have mosin parts in a big bin somewhere in europe they can throw together a run of poorly faked carbines and sell them as a substitute until you can afford the real deal. Where GC is doing the dodgy is knowingly selling fakes as the real thing.

Yes this is true if they knowingly doing the dirty that’s very wrong I see the rear sight is pinned at 300 from Ukraine you think?

Mosin Nagant Rifle Model Identification Guide

I use this site for mosin identification. Have found it to be accurate.
    Marty Henry and Oxfordkeith like this.
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

I'm really confused, the swept bolt handle and the noth Ed stock for the bolt handle put me out. possibly a rearsenal of some sort from some country where they have picked up a case of them for $1000 bucks
    Cursed be the ground for our sake. Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us. For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are... and to the dust we shall return.

I'm really confused, the swept bolt handle and the notch stock for the bolt handle put me out. possibly a rearsenal of some sort from some country where they have picked up a case of them for $1000 bucks

Stupid double post.......... Won't delete God damn it