Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My new leupold won't zero

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    If you still have the packaging for them check the part umber against the leupold base chart. the rings are universal but the bases differ. There are a few variants for the bases and you may just have the wrong one.
    Cheers mate, I hope so. I like the scope and that would make it an easy fix.

Few weeks back I was in a shop in Shanghai China that sold a heap of fake Leupy scopes, I could imagine some bright spark putting a few of them on Trademe for some easy money. Hope that's not the case with you.

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    nah scope looks legit, rings and mount will be where the issue is. take it to the local hunting store the fire arm dude will have an educated look and they might even get some business re new rings.

its pretty rare youd get that much error without something seriously busted (obvious) in a scope of that quality.

think my old tactical may have been a VXII but not sure maybe VXIII?
    Name:  6488_119051384145_948528_n.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  26.9 KB

Rogers.270
    Last edited by rogers.270; 20-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Addicted to gun powder

Mark 2?

nah it was a tactical marked vxii or iii likely iii. fully legit stamped and boxed. looks like the vx2 the fella that owns this thread has and also same target model as a mate of mine has with the AO on the front. they are not real common and a little old (prior to AO side option). id be confident the scopes legit
    Addicted to gun powder

Cheers boys. My Rem's got Burris two piece base on which works fine using a Nikko Stirling Gameking. I've got a Rem one piece base that looks like the rear is higher which would be ideal for the leupold. Problem is the Burris bases must be loctited on, they won't budge. Any thoughts?

Just to point out, if you put a higher rear base on it will make the rifle shoot even higher.
    Lentil likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

how could it be the rings when he says that other scopes work fine it the same rings??

Have you tried putting it up the other way?
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Quote Originally Posted by johnino View Post
    Cheers boys. My Rem's got Burris two piece base on which works fine using a Nikko Stirling Gameking. I've got a Rem one piece base that looks like the rear is higher which would be ideal for the leupold. Problem is the Burris bases must be loctited on, they won't budge. Any thoughts?
    True. Takes some thinking this

I assume left and right is fine and its only elevation, is it moving at all?

I had a similar issue and it turned out that the vertical wasn't adjusting, in my case i wound the turret all the way to one side then counted the exact rotations to max out the other way then wound back half and it got me on paper and has ben fine since.

What sort of gap is there between barrel and front objective? And are the rings 100% alligned with the rail as I have seen the odd install where close enough isnt good enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Windage is sweet. I put on the lowest rings possible. Gaps a few mm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnino View Post
    Just bought a used leupold VXII tactical off TM. It won't wind down enough to zero it at 100yds, not even 200yds. It's on a remington M700 .223 with leupold rings. Is this normal? Do I have to get a special base with a higher rear?
    Firstly your from keri keri so you should be fishing secondly you bought a second hand scope bro big no no.Buy new if you want a scope to work.did the guy you bought of mention any problems wile it was on his rig?,I havnt read any more post's on this but if you have solved problem disregaurd this meaningless post otherwise im not offering any real good advice other than buying second hand is frought with regrets.

take it to the local, get them to jig it up with the lazer bore sight youll see with some major adjustment vs the laser youll soon pick up if there is something wrong, i seldom buy new scopes. remember due to the age it should still hold full warranty if it is the scope.
    Addicted to gun powder

just had a thaught, is the scope on 90Degrees to where it should be, Ie windage is on top?

other thing is are you turning the dial the correct way?

If its either one of these just say the mount change over fixed it