Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: new law and gun shop

new law and gun shop

Saw an interesting gun that I'd like to try but the idea of triggering the registration put me off.
    I'm sure there are a lot more folks out there who think alike.

It got me thinking, will we see more gunshop closing down this year or next, I hope it's just my imagination.
    Sadly, the new gun law really discourages me from stepping into my fav gun shop.

Ultimately we will have to follow the law of the land in order to keep our FAL holder status. I have spoken to gun shop that saw a surge before the register kicked off and now have much lower sales numbers than they same time as last year. Support your local shops at a time like this, the big dogs will survive as usual, but the little guys with the local knowledge are the ones that will suffer.
    dogmatix, muzr257, Trout and 5 others like this.

Just wait till the change of inhabitants of the Wellington bouncy castle occurs, then we should see a reset of the requirements.
    Brian, Slug, tetawa and 12 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Just wait till the change of inhabitants of the Wellington bouncy castle occurs, then we should see a reset of the requirements.
    We can only hope.
    timattalon, 300CALMAN, RV1 and 3 others like this.

October can’t come soon enough!!
    Slug, gonetropo, outlander and 2 others like this.

Banned
    I'm expecting the gun violence and anti rhetoric to get feverish in the next 2 months.
    It's already started

Fantasy land stuff I think. National made a statement not so long ago they don’t envisage repealing the legislation. Remember there’s some heavyweights in National that aren’t gun friendly.
    dogmatix, 199p, rugerman and 3 others like this.

If you believe that it will all change then santa claus really does exist. Nothing will change
    Tahr, Trout, 199p and 12 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    Fantasy land stuff I think. National made a statement not so long ago they don’t envisage repealing the legislation. Remember there’s some heavyweights in National that aren’t gun friendly.
    Yes don't forget when auntie Helen coddled the criminals and fuked over the good people of nz, then national had three terms to put things back on track?? What happened??
    300CALMAN, outlander, RV1 and 1 others like this.

PS, the vast majority of humans are born thru a vagina, the only exception are politicians. Don't trust an asshole.

ill register after october some time. Just too busy and cant get online at the moment to do so.

Just need to hope that we don't have a complete clusterfluck from the system prior - but in any event something in the system MUST change as from what I can see - the numbers of complaints vs people having an easy run from those I'm actually talking too is indicating really poor performance. Either the system isn't too bad and the interface for the general public sucks, or the system isn't doing what the interface says, or the entire thing is a shambles. It would seem if you have relatively new, common items and not too many you can have a good, easy time of registering them but for anyone else it's a lottery based on who answers your call.

'Wellington bouncy castle'...never heard that before. How apt.
    Micky Duck and TimC like this.

I'm not hopeful of a repeal, but I am hoping that by the time I do it they will have experienced and fixed the worst of the major f#%kups- with apologies to all you good citizens who have volunteered your safety as guinea pigs - I salute you!
    199p, Slug, Beetroot and 7 others like this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

I bought a rifle the day before the registration period began to avoid the teething issues. FAL renewal is 12 months away, I hope by then it will either be gone or at least operating smoothly. I feel very sorry for the gun shops who are likely to be facing reduced sales, although the number of people forced into the registration will increase quickly so the impact will be short lived.

As for the chances of firearm reform or not, that is up to us as voters, time to let our wishes be known and vote accordingly. Three years ago there was a real chance of getting E cat back, this time it's about keeping shooting affordable.