Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New Leupold's Quality Declining

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    The freedom is not only for rimfire but also for centerfire scopes.
    https://www.leupold.com/product-series/vx-freedom

It has been released to replace the vx1 and vx2. Simplification of the range of products i guess.
    Also I am not a fan of vortex , I fail so see how it could compete with the top range of vortex .at 3 or 4 time the price they are not boxing in the same category.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    ARdave likes this.

Freedom's come in both centrefire and rimfire versions. Sold a lot of both and so far they have been great with zero issues .

The massive pic above is just a typo no more no less
    Friwi likes this.

I think its just a funny way of wording it.
    It says "With a host of new features, the VX-Freedom lets you unleash your rimfire, dominate from your tree stand, or stretch across an open draw with all the confidence in the world."

So its saying it can "unleash your rimfire, plus aid you when sitting on your bum in a tree stand with your centerfire etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    I think its just a funny way of wording it.
    It says "With a host of new features, the VX-Freedom lets you unleash your rimfire, dominate from your tree stand, or stretch across an open draw with all the confidence in the world."

So its saying it can "unleash your rimfire, plus aid you when sitting on your bum in a tree stand with your centerfire etc etc.
    Yeah don't you just love the good ol Amercian hype. Funny they seem to have left out "tactical" from the advert. Next thing you know they'll build in a GPS location function to the scope so you can call in a hell cat firestorm strike from your tree stand.
    Smokin!
    Ryan_Songhurst and ChrisW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Freedom's come in both centrefire and rimfire versions. Sold a lot of both and so far they have been great with zero issues .

The massive pic above is just a typo no more no less
    I would not say it is a typo, but you are correct, it is very clear if you scroll down the page that they do specific rimfire versions as well as centre fire versions (aka the rest of them)

@Clint Ruin I expect you are already aware so for those that are unfamiliar, the main point of difference between the rimfire and centre fire set ups on these scopes is simply the focal length. Centre fire scopes are usually focused to be parallax free at 100 yds or more, where rimfire are focused at around 50 - 65 yds to avoid parallax at the ranges where rim fires are generally used if the scope is not fitted with an adjustable objective focus. Everything else is the same, just the focal spacing between the lenses is subtly different.

Airgun scopes are a whole different kettle of fish......If it can handle a springer airgun, it can handle anything.....
    Clint Ruin likes this.