Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Gerbs

Thread: New scope for my .22 and finally got a good quality one

New scope for my .22 and finally got a good quality one

Finally got rid of the god awful centerpoint AR22 I had on my marlin model 60 and picked up a nikon prostaff 3-9x40 with bdc 150 reticle for .22LR through trademe which I have on layby can't wait to pay it off and get it on the .22 so I can get back into some bunny and possum busting . Just hope I made the right choice as everything I have read from other peoples experiences has been 100% positive, the only gripes I picked up on was the plastic turret caps and a stiff adjuster for changing the power settings. Biggest thing I liked is the ability to reset the zero after sighting in on your chosen ammo which for me will be winchester 42max high velocity ammo and can't forget the BDC reticle.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I'd be pretty keen on one for my 795 if yours does the business for you

I've got one as well, but I haven't used it enough to give a meaningful report yet! Initial impression is thats its much nicer all round than the Nikko-Stirling Nighteater it replaced, but I guess you'd expect that.

They're good
    The zoom ring loosens slowly over time.
    I don't use the BDC much even tho I got it lined up and a photo on my cellphone showing the drop points

Good scope for a .22. I like mine.
    (Middle rifle, if you didn't pick it out already)

Name:  20150111_160321 (Medium).jpg
Views: 311
Size:  292.2 KB
    hunter308, Boulderman and grunzter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I'd be pretty keen on one for my 795 if yours does the business for you
    @Tommy I got mine for on special for $259 through a guy called outdoormad on trademe he normally sells them for $289 he is also doing a deal for the nikon with warne 721 rings for $299 plus shipping

If I really like this scope once I get to look through it and do some shooting I may even upgrade the bushnell to a nikon monarch or something like that even though I really love my bushnell trophy XLT which has the DOA 600 reticle but no zero reset to make your 100 meter sighting easier to go back to if you have to tweak the elevation for long distance stuff like gong shooting. Where as if I shoot subs in the 22 I can set my elevation to suit it then be able to wind back to my zero for the HV ammo
    Last edited by hunter308; 04-02-2015 at 11:49 PM.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Nice. Have you seen the Nikon website with the "spot on" feature I think it's called. Enter your bullet etc and it tells you what range the bdc marks are

Sent from my workbench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by smidey View Post
    Nice. Have you seen the Nikon website with the "spot on" feature I think it's called. Enter your bullet etc and it tells you what range the bdc marks are

Sent from my workbench
    I have seen the spot on software mentioned think it is about $5 from google play store if you want it on your android or iphone

OR you can use it online by the looks of it
    http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/s...spoton.html#:4

Holy crap this thing also gives you the bc for .22lr ammo
    Last edited by hunter308; 05-02-2015 at 12:10 AM.

it's cool a? i was going to buy a nikon scope so found that cool bit of interweb action but ended up getting a vortex.

I also use an app which is free called strelok. just as useful as the spot on as long as the scope is in the list.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.