Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Tikka & Sako

R93
    You should write fiction or sell ammo full time.

The ammo you provide is fcuken cheap.

And you tell a good story.😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    BRADS and shift14 like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

It will be interesting to see what comes out , me , I would like them to re-make the P94S again , but somehow I doubt thats going to happen .
    kokako likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    You should write fiction or sell ammo full time.

The ammo you provide is fcuken cheap.

And you tell a good story.

Mate sell your 93 and buy a great big Accuracy International cause they are cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R93
    I have fired thousands of rounds thru one Brads.
    While accurate, it was the most cumbersome piece of shit you could use in a green role environment.
    It raised your profile by design, was longer than most artillery, it weighed a ton and caught up on everything in existence because of all its box edges.

My 93 and a bag of washers runs rings around one in all those departments and is every bit if not more accurate.

kiwijames, BRADS, shift14 and 1 others like this.

New Tikka & Sako

I suspect ChrisF's rebuttal will be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    199p and R93 like this.

MSL
    Good as in funny

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    I suspect ChrisF's rebuttal will be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    None are as blind as those who will not see...( I borrowed that off the internet )

B
    kiwijames likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    While accurate, it was the most cumbersome piece of shit you could use in a green role environment.
    It raised your profile by design, was longer than most artillery, it weighed a ton and caught up on everything in existence because of all its box edges.
    My father said almost exactly the same thing about them... in fact he says that about a lot of the new sniper rifles and how he would hate to have to crawl through a stalk with one because of their weight and how they would get caught up on things. Hawkins seems to be a much less utilised shooting position these days...

Superbly accurate though.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

R93
    I think your old man is still the only non infantry or SF person to pass the unit course on record, let alone top it.
    It took me more than one go because my observation and navigation was shit.

Ask him what he shot on his initial badge test.

Last edited by R93; 01-02-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Mate sell your 93 and buy a great big Accuracy International cause they are cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    TAC-T-COOL
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Tikka has stopped producing the t3

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Geez @Tussock have you reined that horse in yet

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Sako and Tikka have new rifles. This means they have old rifles which will have super nice glossy adds in magazines with magnified boxes highlighting new features (all photographed wet) which are old features which are now made with cheaper materials, less materials and mass production machinery. They will have crisp angles and be cool colors to look like improvements. They will break. Hunting writers will say nice things about them and pretend they are different to get invites to Beretta pheasant shoots.
    The rimfire option will likely have flashing LED lights, glow in the dark and have 4 in different barrels in .22 mag, .22, 17HMR and 17HM2 that fold out of the stock like the blades of a swiss army knife. A special (expensive) scope will digitally correct its self to four different zeroes depending on which barrel you fold out. It will be plastic and uglier than a $400 Savage. People who have owned a Finnfire Hunter will cry uncontrollably if they touch one.

To summarize the Blaser vs Accuracy International discussion, the Blaser is a rifle that is actually different. The Accuracy is a rifle that is actually a van, posing as a rifle. Its shaped like a van, its as heavy as a van and its as aesthetically pleasing as a van, so it must be a van.

To non military people they look military and to military people they look heavy.

Save yourself $10,000 and paint an old ford econovan olive green.

Beretta is a subsidiary of the same corporation producing computer tuned pop music and chemically addictive processed food.
    Fuck me I just spat coffee all over my keyboard and wee'ed myself laughing. Haven't laughed like that in ages, I will never look as "Vans" the same way again
    kiwijames, BRADS, shift14 and 1 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Sako and Tikka have new rifles. This means they have old rifles which will have super nice glossy adds in magazines with magnified boxes highlighting new features (all photographed wet) which are old features which are now made with cheaper materials, less materials and mass production machinery. They will have crisp angles and be cool colors to look like improvements. They will break. Hunting writers will say nice things about them and pretend they are different to get invites to Beretta pheasant shoots.
    The rimfire option will likely have flashing LED lights, glow in the dark and have 4 in different barrels in .22 mag, .22, 17HMR and 17HM2 that fold out of the stock like the blades of a swiss army knife. A special (expensive) scope will digitally correct its self to four different zeroes depending on which barrel you fold out. It will be plastic and uglier than a $400 Savage. People who have owned a Finnfire Hunter will cry uncontrollably if they touch one.

To summarize the Blaser vs Accuracy International discussion, the Blaser is a rifle that is actually different. The Accuracy is a rifle that is actually a van, posing as a rifle. Its shaped like a van, its as heavy as a van and its as aesthetically pleasing as a van, so it must be a van.

To non military people they look military and to military people they look heavy.

Save yourself $10,000 and paint an old ford econovan olive green.

Beretta is a subsidiary of the same corporation producing computer tuned pop music and chemically addictive processed food.
    Bugger. Looks like the Mrs might need to get a firearms license too since she seems to drive an Accuracy International.
    R93 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Go outside now and paint that sucker olive green and put a tube on the front, just long enough to make turning around impossible.

When you get up tomorrow morning around it will be a cluster of very clean and very thin and very fat individuals dressed in after market digi cam cargo pants, webbing from obscure american tactical websites with nice sewn on badges of angry muscular dogs holding knives. Clipped to the webbing will be pocket knives made with lasers from material engineered by NASA, enough paracord to make an actual parachute, machined alluminium objects of intended purpose unknown, but with the practical application of catching every bit of scrub ever and torches also made with lasers with batteries also made by NASA, so bright only the curvature of the earth can stop them from being seen at night.

Don't worry, at the sight of your wife, daughter or any other female they will flee back to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (gun store that shall remain nameless).
    Nah, they wont. They'll still be trying to untangle themselves from the seatbelts.

Actually I reckon the van would be good as a hunting wagon. Huge moon roof for shooting from, heaps of room in the boot, seats fold for a bed, 4x4ish, ... Mrs wont let me put on bigger mud tyres and borrow it much though.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!