Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: New Tikka & Sako

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Go outside now and paint that sucker olive green and put a tube on the front, just long enough to make turning around impossible.

When you get up tomorrow morning around it will be a cluster of very clean and very thin and very fat individuals dressed in after market digi cam cargo pants, webbing from obscure american tactical websites with nice sewn on badges of angry muscular dogs holding knives. Clipped to the webbing will be pocket knives made with lasers from material engineered by NASA, enough paracord to make an actual parachute, machined alluminium objects of intended purpose unknown, but with the practical application of catching every bit of scrub ever and torches also made with lasers with batteries also made by NASA, so bright only the curvature of the earth can stop them from being seen at night.

Don't worry, at the sight of your wife, daughter or any other female they will flee back to _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (gun store that shall remain nameless).
    Jayseeeeus Tussock, I would say "go on tell us how you really feel" but I don't think we have the bandwith.
    Steve123 likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    my head hurts
    Addicted to gun powder

You have to admit he was right about the melting plastic amax tips which few people here knew about before he posted the "news".

So, perhaps these posts are just an opportunity for folks to communicate to manufacturers a bit of a wish list or pre market opinion.

I stuck my neck out last time chris floated the udea of a switch barrel sako. Said wouldn't be nice to have one gun in 223 308 and 7RM. But no, 308 was the training calibre in the new TRG.

Anyway, i've changed my mind now and think it would be better to have a set of single calibre rifles in say rimfire 223 6.5x55 and long range magnum. They each need different scopes and you don't want to be dismantling rebuilding and rezeroing your rifle for each trip or event.

So what I'd like to see in a new tikka or sako is an economical matched set of single calibre guns that range from rimfire ( .22RF for target and 17HMR for hunting) .223 then medium and long range (eg 300 Norma Mag) with similar stock and trigger fit. For Sako brand, plastic needs to be eliminated. The Finnfire 2 was a step in the right direction. Stock options should include classic wood, laminate and CF. Plastic fantastic should probably become an evolutoinary dead end - a failed concept - although the sako grip panels were nice, maybe could be offered on a budget tikka.

Ha! That's my rave.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    So, perhaps these posts are just an opportunity for folks to communicate to manufacturers a bit of a wish list or pre market opinion.

I stck my neck out last time chris floated the udea of a switch barrel sako. Said wouldn't be nice to have one gun in 223 308 and 7RM. But no, 308 was the training calibre in the new TRG.

Anyway, i've changed my mind now and think it would be better to have a set of single calibre rifles in say rimfire 223 6.5x55 and long range magnum. They each need different scopes and you don't want to be dismantling rebuilding and rezeroing your rifle for each trip or event.

So what I'd like to see in a new tikka or sako is an economical matched set of single calibre guns that range from rimfire ( .22RF for target and 17HMR for hunting) .223 then medium and long range (eg 300 Norma Mag) with similar stock and trigger fit. Fir sako brand plastic needs to be eliminated. The Finnfire 2 was a step in the right direction. Stock options should include classic wood, laminate and CF. Plastic fantastic shoukd probably become an evolutoinary dead end - a failed concept although the sako grip panels were nice, maybe could be retained on a budget tikka.

Ha! That's my rave.
    Reading between those lines all I hear is Blaser.

Oppps. That pesky plastic washer problem again
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Reading between those lines all I hear is Blaser.
    Reading between Bagheera's lines all I hear is Sako.... as one of the few rifle manufacturers still making calibre specific action sizes (hence they offer something like 5 different action sizes) instead of the easier manufacture route of one action suits all calibres (Blaser, tikka, etyc...). Not to mention I like taking a different rifle out sometimes, lets the rest of them know they aren't my favourite...
    veitnamcam, Dreamer, mikee and 1 others like this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Well, the encore and its elder brother the contender offered all those options , in a single shot,yes, but still, for the multi caliber aficionado they were hard to beat!

R93
    The blaser has any action size you want and does not have to have dedicated action lengths.
    A simple catch on the magazine does it all. And is way faster than a turn bolt in any length anyway.

The Germans simply nailed it with this repeater. Simple, concentric, consistant, accurate and fast.

I really can't see the point of fucking around with old ideas and technology to get a reliable modular rifle when the best engineers in the world have already done it for you.😆

"Rifle of the century"😆

Suck it, haters😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    kiwijames, mayfly, shift14 and 1 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Well, the T3x does have lots of worthwhile improvements but it isn't really a new rifle.
    Fortunately.

Maybe the t3 does not need to be changed and might become the Nutella of the rifles:
    In all its existence Nutella never had to go big on marketing or advertisement or change of logo .
    A supermarket or a shop that would not keep Nutella on their shelves knew they would loose sales.
    It is a bit the same with tikka for gunshops.
    If it is in 7-08 ( or 308/ 270 /223 for the shops outside Auckland) ,you know it will sell!