Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Nice bolt action 22LR

Have never really gone after top end 22 makes as mine have to be workers, and it simply isn't worth using expensive or collectable weapons out of the truck etc.. too easily marked. Sold a brace of delightful Winchester 94/22s (22LR and 22 Mag) in mint condition not so long ago - simply because not prepared to mark them.

Of sporter 22s of reasonable to good quality, the two I'd suggest would be the Norinco Em332 for about $500 these days, and the Weihrauch HW60J for round $1000. Of 100 or so sporter 22s I've played with (standard barrel) the Em332 proved most accurate off the bench at 100 meters, averaging 0.6" for 4 consecutive groups with PMC Match (black packet). HW60J also precision shooter.
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    For some reason I didn't have this thread on my notifications anymore (maybe because I started it back in 2011!). Anyway, I now have a Sako Quad Walnut Varmint with a few aftermarket parts on it... I have a factory 22WMR barrel and a custom True Flite 22LR barrel for it. Thinking I need a 17HMR barrel as well, and all the photos of the Range's on here makes me think a prone style stock would also be nice...
    Nibblet and rossi.45 like this.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

some pics would be good . . . R
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi.45 View Post
    some pics would be good . . . R
    Ask and I shall deliver!

Have a factory 22 WMR barrel with ATEC supressor fitted - 18 x 1 custom threaded.

Run a Leupold VX2 3-9x33 rimfire ERF scope in Leupold QRW rings with this barrel.

My other barrel is a True Flite ultra match in 22LR using a JGS Match reamer. Work done by Tony Titheridge. Haven't spent to much time playing with it yet but I intend to... The group in the photo is 10 rounds shot in pretty windy conditions at 25m. I have shot a 25 round group at the same distance thats approx 1/2 the size. Both groups shot with the shitty loose box Remington subsonic ammo.

Run a Weaver 36x scope in Warne rings with that barrel but I have a Zeiss HD5 5-25x50 sitting in my cabinet looking for a home so I might just use it...

Has a DIP trigger guard, picatinny rail, bolt handle and trigger shoe and JP Custom Products action screw set and spring kit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Dreamer, Nibblet and rossi.45 like this.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

I have an EM-332 and love it. It is simply brilliant - far more capable than the sod that operates it!

Ejected
    Nice looking quad.

I wish proof research did a 22lr barrel and .17. Although my volquartsen 17hmr on my quad goes very nicely

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    I have an EM-332 and love it. It is simply brilliant - far more capable than the sod that operates it!
    Name:  IMG_9348[1].JPG
Views: 343
Size:  2.03 MB
    mudgripz likes this.

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!