Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Grey Kiwi
  • 1 Post By Ingrid 51

Thread: nikko stirling scope

nikko stirling scope

hey all i have a .22 with a nikko Stirling scope on ot and i pulled it out this mornign to do a regular rust inspection and took a look through the scope to find this:
    Name:  Snapchat-1876577904.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  402.4 KB

is there a way to fix this either at home or getting a gun dealer to fix it. or is it just best to take it off and put the old iron sights that i have for it on.
    cheers

lol.have seen that a few times over the years...you can still use it.....but yeah a basic 4x32 will cost you between $60-120 new for similar scope..... irons are good with young eyes....in last 12mths Im finding not so good for me anymore.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

If it worries you, why not fix it?
    That wee screw bottom right in photo...probably a couple more round there to hold in that wee metal ring that then holds the wire reticle (well my old Bushnell Banner 4x had that system).
    I wound off the eyepiece to get to the 3 wee screws, removed them and the wee ring fell out into my hand (the screws had become loose and the reticle retaining ring was bouncing all over the place). Wee dab of Loctite on each screw and refitted and all was well again. Simply wound on the eyepiece again...no problems.
    So maybe you can remove the reticle retaining ring and put a tiny dot of superglue (or a wee dab of solder) into the centre of the cross hairs to make that reticle complete again?
    My Banner went for years more on my .257, out in all sorts of weather, and never fogged up.
    The internal elements sit in wee tubes that are gas filled, but you aren't going to affect them.
    Why not? You have nothing to lose. It's a good learning experience.
    Trout and Moa Hunter like this.

Check the warranty. Years ago my Nikko Sterling had a lifetime warranty. Took it back to shop after it fogged up and they replaced it without question.
    Trout likes this.