Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NZ made Ranger 10 round mags for Tikka T3

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    So who makes them??
    AFAIK the 'Ranger' brand is made in China for Gun City (or the label that Gun City puts on cheap generic Chinese items like their Rem 870 copies).

Also a firm in UK , making 10rd 223 T3 mags out of Aluminium , looks good , but expensive , go to ukvarminting forum to get more info , they are also looking at a 308 version as well ?

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    These are made in Chch, I know the guy who does them as I recognized his handy work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    These are made in Chch, I know the guy who does them as I recognized his handy work.
    If they are made here how come they are still so bloody expensive for a few bits of plastic and metal!!! Or is it gun city with a huge mark-up (wouldn't be surprising)

If they are made locally then that probably isn't a ridiculous price, it's still bloody expensive but not absolutely ridiculous for an NZ made product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blurb says they're machined from solid stock so that must push the price way up.
    They do look like a quality bit of kit. With all the pest control shooters out there I bet they sell heaps.

When I owned an M14 I would've liked to get an NZ-made scope mount but at over $200 it was half the price of the rifle.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Yes these are CNC machined from billet, not a few bits of plastic & metal @223nut
    I would say that it's a fair price for a good bit of kiwi made kit. Sure we would all like it to be under a hundy and have 5 in our day pack for a bomb up but that's just not reality now is it

Ok I stand corrected if they are a quality product!

Importing tikka mags from Europe/ England might be quite a good option now that the exchange rate is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MDub View Post
    Importing tikka mags from Europe/ England might be quite a good option now that the exchange rate is better.
    Still 40-60 pounds plus shipping and get!

Hello,

I am selling Lucky13 10 round alloy Tikka mags, will have my first shipment next week. I am taking orders now. Very high quality and thoroughly tested and developed in Australia. Australian made (not rubbish Chinese manufacture)

$189 each

Available for most calibers, not quite available for magnum calibres just yet.

Lucky 13 is on facebook https://www.facebook.com/huntinginnovation/

Additionally we have alloy Tikka T3 Shrouds and Extended bolt handles

Cheers

Ella