Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: NZ needs more gun control because of Paris attacks

Quote Originally Posted by southernredneck View Post
    I think it's about time we cut the cable and left the north island to their own devices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh there's a cable. Snippy snippy

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    And his daughter complained that a rifle advert was wrong. God forbid any business be able to advertise for something they sell. Maybe if she wants deaths to stop, maybe she should lobby against car makers. Car crashes kill lots more people than guns every will in NZ. Or maybe the makers of ladders, they cause more injuries than any gun does as well.
    She made one valid point

"I believe it's unethical for newspapers to report on gun violence, and yet at the same time take advertising money from a company selling those same types of weapons used in the cover story," she said.

She just has the wrong end of the stick. Dont stop the adverts. Stop running the bullshit liberal twaddle they call a gun story.....stops the hypocrisy right there!!!!!! Easy. Fixed it.

I think it's about time we cut the cable and left the north island to their own devices

Will you be taking suitably vetted refugees?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    southernredneck and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    She made one valid point

"I believe it's unethical for newspapers to report on gun violence, and yet at the same time take advertising money from a company selling those same types of weapons used in the cover story," she said.

She just has the wrong end of the stick. Dont stop the adverts. Stop running the bullshit liberal twaddle they call a gun story.....stops the hypocrisy right there!!!!!! Easy. Fixed it.
    Same could be said for alcohol and cars. They're keen to report the abuse of those and still carry ads.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    So 3 gun murders, and 51 drownings. Bob, should we ban all swimming and watersports first? It seems to be 17 times more dangerous..
    Damm right we should. I did a google for watersports late one evening and I found some quite informative video clips. That shit is sick and should be banned.

Come on guys the poor wee fella wasn't just traumatised he was "deeply, deeply traumatised". maybe he should buy a gun then he'd feel safer, or at least more of a man.

"His solution to the gun control issue was one you'd expect from a mayor of 18 years: give more power to local government to regulate who can own weapons." also this is the last thing anyone wants, dealing with local council is a fucking nightmare

Deal with Council staff who have guns, both for work reasons and personal use and you will find them not too bad.
    Welcome to Sako club.

I saw this in the news tonight.

Las Vegas Strip: Driver hits dozens on sidewalk - CNN.com

I am guessing there will need to be an urgent investigation here into car ownership and increase vetting needed to buy one. Did you know you don't need a license in NZ to own a car. You can own a car without a license as long as you dont drive it. (who in hell buys a car and does not intend to drive one....) Ignore collectors as they have a license and drive other cars....This could cot us lots of lives if some completely normal person decides they need to drive through a crowded foot path. It could happen here......

(and in case you have not guessed, these comments are solidly laced sarcasm....)
    Last edited by timattalon; 22-12-2015 at 09:52 PM. Reason: read it and it sounded like I was being serious......

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    (and in case you have not guessed, these comments are solidly laced sarcasm....)
    The scary thing is that your sarcasm is well argued, sound and has already happened here.
    JoshC likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

That was uncalled for and a bit over the top.
    Just build a big wall across the top of the Bombays would be more than sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Just build a big wall across the top of the Bombays would be more than sufficient.
    HAHA that would leave the rest of you with Wellington and the Politicians

Ah Scotland tried the big wall thing, then there is just the arguing over who maintains it, who pays for this and that and it just gets ugly.
    Could try a big trench with sharks in it for shits and giggles
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.
    Sarcasm: lowest from of wit, highest form of intelligence.

Sorry, but that is not the attitude we are looking for. It is unconstructive and does not think of those who are less fortunate.

This is the solution....Thousands of jobs, lots of work and a far better result al around.....

There, fixed it......

But then I would have to stop thinking of Christchurch as 'up north'