Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Pard nv008

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    I must try your idea, currently I use a chest rig to carry a thermal but do a lot of shooting from a quad. When working with a partner I don't carry a rifle just the thermal, with a lazer pointer fitted I id the target use the lazer to give point of aim and the partner shoots, very effective once you get your teamwork system going.
    Thermal in a dump pouch as described earlier works well on the quad.
    When I am walking around I tend to shift the pouch back a couple of inches, off the centre of my hip. When on the quad, I bring it forward to right on my hip so it doesn’t interfere with the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by hakka_ranger View Post
    My concern is the 45mm eye relief for the Nv008 over the 6.5 creedmoor or 7mm08. Got hit by 270 with a bad scope when i was young and still paranoid about it.
    Ive been using mine with a suppressor, with no real danger, but I have latest version of the 008, its the 2022 model and has a very forgiving rubber eyepiece. Good snug shoulder pressure will also help. This is on Creedmore as well, one could also load accordingly, but I have no issues using factory loads.
    hakka_ranger likes this.