Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Picked up new rifle today.

Just had a really cool experience, I had posted about this rifle on another forum and a guy from South Africa, who Ive never had any contact with just offered to send me a spare set of mounts that he has. Alongside offers from members of this forum who have Torque wrench's available.
    Proving there are some really good buggers in the hunting community all over the world!
    Micky Duck, dannyb and Andygr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Did you read the article ? It makes a very strong case for using a good bonded projectile. The 270 is on of those rounds that really tests projectiles because the initial muzzle velocity is higher that ideal for cup and core type bullets. If I pay $140 per projectile instead of $.70 it is only a difference of $.70 per shot extra and I can absolutely be sure that out of say seventy shots at game from a box of one hundred bullets I will have more humane kills with the bonded bullets and recover more meat as well. With meat at near $20 for beef mince, one extra deer per box of projectiles and less meat wasted with bullets that pass through makes the bonded projectiles effectively 'Free'.
    I used to love the Winny Powerpoints, and they are good, but damage meat and are not good enough for stags
    Tahr has started a good thread on this subject. Rather than have two conversations going, Ill quote this there and move this part of conversation to that thread.
    dannyb likes this.

I took the rifle around together the cos in for milking this morning as has been a few pigs in that area. Sure enough I found 2 and a shot and quick reload and follow up shot had pig one down and pig two down within 30 meters of first. This is the first time of used a red dot and I was pleasantly surprised at how much quicker and easier it was to shoot under low light conditions and getting on target just seemed a breeze.
    The second pig rolled in the river and I wasn't going in to fish it out at 430 am unfortunately, as both were prime condition.

Name:  20230228_072620.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  4.03 MB

head downstream to first place you can get in and wander upstream,you may well find it and being in water it may well have stayed cool and still be fine to consume.
    75/15/10 black powder matters