Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Pinned Mag confusion

T94A2 plz and thank you I will send you a big bag of money tomorrow
    Littledog and FletchNZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    The way I read it, I can go and buy 30 round mags now as long as I dont have a semi-auto gun they can fit in. I think even possessing both at the same time is illegal you dont even have to fit the mag in the gun.

Given its pretty obvious why, I'd suggest using that dreded term "common sense". Dont push the system because if you do at some point it will snap and we'll be like OZ, no decent semi-autos at all, do you really want that outcome? I dont.
    If we don't push the system, the system will just keep squeezing us until we're like Oz, Britain, etc.
    Littledog likes this.

If you are only keen on bolt guns etc then our laws are sweet. Get interested in anything semi auto and our laws tend to get gay fast. I reckon the arms act is becoming antiqued.

Digit got a big fat NO to pistol length AR's on B cat, I'm guessing MP5's on B cat will get the same response. They can be had quite easily on C if you have the coin, but then you can't shoot them. Silly cuz it would be mint seeing them in action at IPSC and SR shoots.

Why're they not allowed on B? that's dumb.

I can't remember if it was PNZ or the cops but one of the two didn't want a bar of it. Digit will say.

If it's PNZ they can get fucked
    hanse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I can't remember if it was PNZ or the cops but one of the two didn't want a bar of it. Digit will say.
    We could still use the rifle version for SR and IPSC/3gun. I know a couple of guys with HK94s-very lovely. They just spell-awesomeness! (the rifles not the owners!).
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

I reckon the arms act is becoming antiqued
    In that it doesn't reflect reality, or the types of firearms that responsible legal gun owners want? yeah

Could be worse but damn could it be better.

It was a combination of the two. Some pistol ranges werent capable for .223. The original application by us to allow affordable B-Cat AR's for 3-gun is largely negated now anyway as you no longer need an E-Cat hand in for target shooting.

MP5's might be fine though as they shoot pistol ammo. But then an MP5 that can only be used in competition is fairly useless to me.

Well that isn't a consideration for a 9mm MP5K semi-auto clone, so, I'm going to try to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    T94A2 plz and thank you I will send you a big bag of money tomorrow
    If it was a year ago I would jump on this. Unfortunately the ammendment implementation is probably less than 6 months away and could be as close as a couple of weeks away. We would probably need to sign up for a significant quantity from the factory, obtain a sample for approval, then risk losing it all if the shipment was caught offshore when the ammendment happens.

What someone needs to do right now is to import massive quantities of A-Cat pistol grip stocks for SKS's. Then when the ammendment hits at least we would have cheap handins to use for obtaining E-Cats from the likes of these companies.
    Maybe someone could whiz up pistol grip stocks out of 2x4's? Anyone got a copy router

That handin policy is the biggest load of illegal and unfair shit around

Well that isn't a consideration for a 9mm MP5K semi-auto clone, so, I'm going to try to get one.
    You will need to either obtain one on E (with conditions) or satisfy the AO that the gun is A, then import it as a sample. If the police dont like it then you would probably risk losing it. Its a painful drawn out process. You would think the police would realise that all AR's are essentially the same gun.
    Last edited by Digit; 12-06-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    You will need to either obtain one on E (with conditions) or satisfy the AO that the gun is A, then import it as a sample. If the police dont like it then you would probably risk losing it. Its a painful drawn out process. You would think the police would realise that all AR's are essentially the gun.

On B... MP5K has no chance of being A or E

(of course I don't actually have B yet because I don't have time to shoot twice a month at a pistol club)

On B... MP5K has no chance of being A or E

(of course I don't actually have B yet because I don't have time to shoot twice a month at a pistol club)
    Im in the same boat - There is no way I can commit to the range time required to hold a B - our nearest range is too far away. Strangely though we are licenced to import and deal Pistols.
    veitnamcam likes this.