Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: The Precision rimfire thread

Quote Originally Posted by HJA8 View Post
    This is why I like to lot test ammo. When I find something half decent, it will usually shoot well in most of my rifles.
    150 shots of SK Rifle Match - 5 different 22's - 50 metres outdoors. And yes, the Lithgow is still the most accurate general purpose 22 I've owned to date!

The Anschutz 1710 DHB Classic is perhaps my favourite rimfire - Look good in a traditional way, nice action, function well and accurate! I've owned a number of these but the two pictured here are my "keepers".

The bolts on the Anschutz are remarkable.
    BSA270 likes this.

HJA8,

Factory barrel on the Lithgow? Any mods, trigger etc to get it shooting well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    HJA8,

Factory barrel on the Lithgow? Any mods, trigger etc to get it shooting well?
    No Mate, it's a match chambered Maddco. Action is bedded, trigger worked, head spaced for Lapua. Another build done for me by Rolf Hey in Hobart. I have another LA101 bedded into a Hatcher stock - Trigger work & re-crown. It's every bit as good as my 1710's. I've said this plenty of times - If I had to keep one 22 for me and my wife, it would be the Lithgows.
    mudgripz likes this.

planing on buying a Lithgow this year ended up buying that calgustof above yesterday aswell
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    planing on buying a Lithgow this year ended up buying that calgustof above yesterday aswell
    Bet you're excited about that! Talking of triggers on these old Euro. rifles, here's the triggers on my Walther & Anschutz - Both works of art which compare favourably with just about anything available to-day.

Impressed with the Lithgows - you have them shooting spot on HJ. If buying a sharpshooting open match 22lr I'd be looking at that. I saw one on Reloaders Supplies site I think - about $1299NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Impressed with the Lithgows - you have them shooting spot on HJ. If buying a sharpshooting open match 22lr I'd be looking at that. I saw one on Reloaders Supplies site I think - about $1299NZ.
    I quite like the look of the laminate one. I would have gone with the Lithgow LA101 as my first rifle if my heart hadn't been so set on the T1X.

I swapped over the scope from the T1x to the 10/22. Rings are just a tad high. Target was shot at 50 yards in moderately windy conditions with CCI SV. 10 shots per target with not too much care taken this time. I also shot some RWS Rifle Match but the lot of CCI SV I was shooting appeared to keep up with it. I'll need to give it some more time in calmer weather.

Name:  2021-09-24 10.32.59.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  3.19 MB
    Name:  target.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  2.21 MB
    Moa Hunter likes this.

@Rush try eley contact in the kidd its what i and about 5 others i know with kidd rifles use
    Rush likes this.

ebf
    You boys must have pretty sheltered ranges...

I played with the target this morning and it was pretty dismal

Need to wait for a calmish day before a serious attempt...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by HJA8 View Post
    Bet you're excited about that! Talking of triggers on these old Euro. rifles, here's the triggers on my Walther & Anschutz - Both works of art which compare favourably with just about anything available to-day.

@HJA8 mines a solid lump your can’t see the internals
    But there’s something flash going on
    As I said before it’s just Simply put the best trigger ive shot
    And ive had the pleasure of shooting alot of very high quality match rifles
    As I said it’s not the lightest trigger at arround a lb or just under
    But it just breaks so so clean
    Name:  B58FE4BB-449C-4F64-A030-8991531D21AF.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  3.79 MB
    Name:  9DD3EEB6-66F7-47EA-962E-755B89699BA8.jpeg
Views: 427
Size:  3.71 MB
    Name:  1CC783DA-5FA8-489F-8EBF-74213B8CEC97.jpeg
Views: 393
Size:  477.6 KB
    Moa Hunter and HJA8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    You boys must have pretty sheltered ranges...

I played with the target this morning and it was pretty dismal

Need to wait for a calmish day before a serious attempt...
    Haha - welcome to the world of trying to shoot CONSECUTIVE small groups with a 22, everything needs to be just right, including star alignment! I can bet you that the next time I try in perfect conditions there'l be a flier in the second last group!
    ebf and Waldo Peens like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Haha - welcome to the world of trying to shoot CONSECUTIVE small groups with a 22, everything needs to be just right, including star alignment! I can bet you that the next time I try in perfect conditions there'l be a flier in the second last group!
    That flyer probably wouldn’t hurt much if the rest of the groups were good
    Just off my head for example if you had 4 groups lets say .320 .420.520 and .385 but then oops .830 you would have a .495 average which is a bloody Respectable score

A lot of people see that flyer and think that targets fucked and start again
    Not Necessarily depends how bad the flyer is ofcorse but generally it doesn’t fuck you up too badly if it’s a good target apart from the one oops

^^ yes - in your contest a flier can be lived with. However if you are trying to shoot a "Canadian Gun Nutz" challenge every group must be under 0.5, its a good bit more challenging and I'm about 5 unsuccessful years into trying to achieve it - with my own self imposed limitation of shooting it with a sporter weight rifle
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Was waiting for range conditions to come up. Wind is everything when shooting Rimfire. If I ever get out of lockdown I shoot this indoors I reckon. When does the window close?