Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Premier Light Tac

Premier Light Tac

Who has em? Any complaints? anyone have the Gen2XR reticle? How is it on 3x, too fine?

Had one really nice scope, needs illumination on 3x for sure, dialled nicely turrets not as positive as say nightforce but glass is mean, anodising
    is soft and scratches easily, sold it to my mate in a moment of weakness otherwise would still have it.

Have you used a S&B with P4F? If so, how would you compare the reticle thickness? (if it was a Gen2XR in your LT)

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Have you used a S&B with P4F? If so, how would you compare the reticle thickness? (if it was a Gen2XR in your LT)
    I haven't used one only had a brief play so cant help you there sorry

Gimp I don't have the light tac but have used 2xr recticle on the bigger prem it is sweet on 5x, my S&b had p4f and that was probably one of the better reticles I've used, again only as low as 5x I'm guessing thicknesses are about the same.
    Sorry not much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not helpful but have you considered the
    New nf 4-16x42 atacr?

@kiwijames don't you have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by camo wsm View Post
    Probably not helpful but have you considered the
    New nf 4-16x42 atacr?
    Too heavy, I'd stick with my 3-12 PMII in preference

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    If you can find one branded Premier as the old LT. Premier were purchased by Tangent Theta. I understand they have not messed with the scopes other than a few cosmetics changes and slight improvements. Optronika were involved somewhere too with a few branded such.
    @kiwijames don't you have one?
    Yep. Doubt I would ever part with it. Gen II Mildot, illuminated. At 3x reticle is a touch fine but not a deal breaker. Decent posts plus being lit helps.
    I had mine modded by Paul Lange at Premier. One of the nicest blokes Ive dealt with. It was a Hunter model (capped turrets) but added the tac E turret which makes it the same config as the Varmint. The PR branded Tenebraex (sp) covers are bloody good too.
    BRADS likes this.

I think it's optronika who are making the new Sig or Minox scopes. Can't remember which one.

Minox based are the old Premier designs IIRC but nothing on the Light Tac. Tangent Theta also are basically a cosmetic redesign of the Premiers, but their version of the Light Tac is 800gms, so, PM2 weight, so, no thanks.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    I think it's optronika who are making the new Sig or Minox scopes. Can't remember which one.
    Optronika were making the guts for Premier Reticles. I guess they would manufacture for anyone if the cash was good.
    The Premier was U.S. assembled in Virgina with Schott glass.
    TT are Canadian? But I'm thinking the assembly will remain in Virginia.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

It's a shame the TT version of the light tac got all porky and shit

Even the old Light Tacs were a big scope dimensionally. Exactly the same as the NSX 5.5-22.

I liked my old one a lot. Glass at that level is a bit subjective but I found it easier to look through than my PMII. If it was a 3-18 it would have been almost perfect. Actually, the turrets could have been a bit more positive to be fair.

The new 52mm obj March scopes are nice. Glass is no where near as good as the prem but everything else is superior and meets all your criteria? I've got 2 and overall I rate them highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Even the old Light Tacs were a big scope dimensionally. Exactly the same as the NSX 5.5-22.

I liked my old one a lot. Glass at that level is a bit subjective but I found it easier to look through than my PMII. If it was a 3-18 it would have been almost perfect. Actually, the turrets could have been a bit more positive to be fair.

The new 52mm obj March scopes are nice. Glass is no where near as good as the prem but everything else is superior and meets all your criteria? I've got 2 and overall I rate them highly.
    Your one person I never thought would have a March