Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Makros
  • 1 Post By Coop

Thread: Ranger 1-8x24i scope question

Ranger 1-8x24i scope question

Hey guys, have read some good feedback on these scopes. Does anyone know what level of recoil they will put up with?

Thinking of putting one in a 375 H&H

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 7mm-Mag View Post
    Hey guys, have read some good feedback on these scopes. Does anyone know what level of recoil they will put up with?

Cheers
    Can't answer your question but I am interested in the answers. Rightly or wrongly I suspect they would not live long subjected to decent recoil.
    The scope has a useful magnification range though for a .375 H&H.

Despite their somewhat rather inflated price they are just expensive Chinese made junk. Also the eye relief looks a little tight at 89mm. I'd want 100mm at least.
    For the same price you can get a second hand scope of far superior quality that will actually stand up to .375H&H recoil.

You don't have to pay the earth for something reliable either. In fact there seems to be a turning point in some brands where the more expensive models become more and more fragile.
    On my .375 H&H I have a Weaver Classic Extreme 1.5-4.5x24mm. I believe it's one of the best scopes Weaver ever made, super tough with fantastic optics.
    Pity you can't buy them any more. I believe they were tested with 10,000 rounds of .375H&H in development.
    If you do find them second hand they are normally very cheap. Definitely under appreciated.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

Thanks Makros, I'll keep looking

also keep eye out for M8 in fixed 3 or 4x...BUT if finding 4x look for slight purplish hue to metal work and overall length over 300mm thats the oldest model and by far the best,it also has larger eye box than the other models of same.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mm-Mag View Post

Cheers
    I know a bloke with one on a 308, had it for years without probs. Looking at them I thought they might be made by Minox or Meopta

Made in the same factory as Primary Arms scopes for what it's worth. They're ok. I like mine that I've had on a couple different 223s over the years.
    Moa Hunter likes this.