Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Recent US export rule changes

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    NZ Post even think and class reloading dies as firearms accessories and won't ship them either.
    Just had 2 dies delivered from USA to my letter box from 2 different companies. The decription on both was something like "tools" or "measuring equipment". I cannot recall exactly. So, not obviously reloading dies.

One parcel I was expecting issues with once in NZ as it took 125 days to arrive. Wankers in USA addressed it to New Caledonia (ah, isn't that the same as NZ?) where it sat for 50 days. I fully expected NZ Post to then further add to my misery. However, no issues.

Re contractual aspects around delivery within NZ, I would have thought somewhere in the shipping cost there would be some remittance to NZ Post. Cannot begin to think how it would be managed though. If NZP do get paid something for completing overseas deliveries, yes, no one that I am aware of has challenged them on those grounds. Or sought a refund for failure to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    Yet if you get dies sent to Youshop NZPost refuse to send them as they class them as "Gun accessories" but if a private individual sends the dies via USPS NZ Post deliver them.
    In the early days of YouShop I sent dies, scope sights via them. Then they went PC and stopped that.

I ceased using them for anything at all about 6 years ago when they stopped my parcel which contained a 200 gram calibration weight.
    Initially wouldn't tell me why and after several emails they declared the test weight to be "dangerous goods".
    More emails questioning why that determination and then they came back with "firearm accessory".
    WTF. More emails and they eventually released the parcel after I stated it was a calibration weight for my gemstones and precious metals scales.
    Tossers.
    Last edited by zimmer; 20-01-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    Finnwolf likes this.