Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Arsenal

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Recent US export rule changes

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Im inclined to agree. Have you got a link to the correct police form @zimmer ?
    @Tahr It used to be POL 67B. Now, to make our lives easier it is FRM 67B.

https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/...rms-and-guides

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    @Tahr It used to be POL 67B. Now, to make our lives easier it is FRM 67B.

https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/...rms-and-guides

Have fun.
    Ta

Quote Originally Posted by eamars View Post
    Hello All
    I would like to share my experience exporting firearm related stuff from US online shops post ITAR ease. Please feel free to share your experience as well.

Please note all firearm related parts requires import permit. The police now only issues electronic (both supplier and custom) copy of permits post LV4 lock down. The average turn-a-round time is between 2-4 weeks.

Brownells:
    No extra fee/permit required for part under $500. $6000 allowance a year without extra fee/permit. Will ship to NZ with USPS. The shipping is cheap but slow.

Eurooptic:
    No extra fee/permit for parts, scopes, magazines etc. Firearm/actions will need export permit but with no extra fee. Expecting 4-6 weeks for export permit application. $125 flat worldwide shipping with USPS (but can be negotiated).
    Has anybody be had any recent experience in importing mags from any other exporters (apart from Brownells)? Iím trying to import some
    Before the current exemptions are removed by the pending administration. I usually deal with brownells but Unfortunately they donít hold the parts and many other suppliers such as numrich no longer export.

Would be interested to know if anyone has found any other exporters that will export mags to nz. Import permits will of course be in place

Just be aware that if they arrive in NZ by mail then NZ post will not forward them to you....it will be up to you to arrange for someone to uplift them from the mail center at the airport.Completely unfair but that is the current situation.

Name:  1778-3903-large.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  13.4 KBMostly just a moan about prices , why does it cost 500 bucks for a pissant mount (Beretta Olympia ) the thing was 100 euro in Italy . Didn't have any hassles getting it here .........cant get the breach block out to clean barrel with scope on, typical eye tie design skills ( I have Ducatis and Moto guzzi bikes so I should have known better )Name:  DSC02314.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  91.7 KBName:  DSC02316.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  93.8 KB
    Vegetarians Bah !! . If god didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat ! .

Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    I would have thought NZ post was legally obliged to deliver something sent to NZ via international post.....surely there are international agreements about such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by GDMP View Post
    Just be aware that if they arrive in NZ by mail then NZ post will not forward them to you....it will be up to you to arrange for someone to uplift them from the mail center at the airport.Completely unfair but that is the current situation.
    Oddly enough I think they are legally obliged to deliver based on their contract, they just aren't and no one has pushed it legally. Canada Post's international shipping department was surprised that NZ post wasn't completing shipments, since the agreement between them hasn't been changed and firearms parts are still ok based on their current agreement... so I think this is a case of NZ post changing their policy but not doing it properly and hoping that no one forces a legal battle over it.

Internally I think NZ post is equally confused given that I've contacted them and the staff couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that a complete firearm and parts might not be the same thing, and the website lists firearms parts as prohibited from shipping, but in the same line states that they aren't prohibited from shipping if they're well packaged
    Firearms parts (excludes ammunition) | Prohibited item | Can be sent only if packaged to withstand transport and handling

Quote Originally Posted by canross View Post
    Oddly enough I think they are legally obliged to deliver based on their contract, they just aren't and no one has pushed it legally. Canada Post's international shipping department was surprised that NZ post wasn't completing shipments, since the agreement between them hasn't been changed and firearms parts are still ok based on their current agreement... so I think this is a case of NZ post changing their policy but not doing it properly and hoping that no one forces a legal battle over it.

Internally I think NZ post is equally confused given that I've contacted them and the staff couldn't wrap their heads around the idea that a complete firearm and parts might not be the same thing, and the website lists firearms parts as prohibited from shipping, but in the same line states that they aren't prohibited from shipping if they're well packaged
    NZ Post even think and class reloading dies as firearms accessories and won't ship them either.

@omark You can get some types of magazines from Rainier Arms. I’m about to orders some Magpul AICS mags when they come back into stock.

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    NZ Post even think and class reloading dies as firearms accessories and won't ship them either.
    Just had 2 dies delivered from USA to my letter box from 2 different companies. The decription on both was something like "tools" or "measuring equipment". I cannot recall exactly. So, not obviously reloading dies.

One parcel I was expecting issues with once in NZ as it took 125 days to arrive. Wankers in USA addressed it to New Caledonia (ah, isn't that the same as NZ?) where it sat for 50 days. I fully expected NZ Post to then further add to my misery. However, no issues.

Re contractual aspects around delivery within NZ, I would have thought somewhere in the shipping cost there would be some remittance to NZ Post. Cannot begin to think how it would be managed though. If NZP do get paid something for completing overseas deliveries, yes, no one that I am aware of has challenged them on those grounds. Or sought a refund for failure to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Just had 2 dies delivered from USA to my letter box from 2 different companies. The decription on both was something like "tools" or "measuring equipment". I cannot recall exactly. So, not obviously reloading dies.

One parcel I was expecting issues with once in NZ as it took 125 days to arrive. Wankers in USA addressed it to New Caledonia (ah, isn't that the same as NZ?) where it sat for 50 days. I fully expected NZ Post to then further add to my misery. However, no issues.

Re contractual aspects around delivery within NZ, I would have thought somewhere in the shipping cost there would be some remittance to NZ Post. Cannot begin to think how it would be managed though. If NZP do get paid something for completing overseas deliveries, yes, no one that I am aware of has challenged them on those grounds. Or sought a refund for failure to deliver.
    Yet if you get dies sent to Youshop NZPost refuse to send them as they class them as "Gun accessories" but if a private individual sends the dies via USPS NZ Post deliver them.

Quote Originally Posted by small_caliber View Post
    Yet if you get dies sent to Youshop NZPost refuse to send them as they class them as "Gun accessories" but if a private individual sends the dies via USPS NZ Post deliver them.
    In the early days of YouShop I sent dies, scope sights via them. Then they went PC and stopped that.

I ceased using them for anything at all about 6 years ago when they stopped my parcel which contained a 200 gram calibration weight.
    Initially wouldn't tell me why and after several emails they declared the test weight to be "dangerous goods".
    More emails questioning why that determination and then they came back with "firearm accessory".
    WTF. More emails and they eventually released the parcel after I stated it was a calibration weight for my gemstones and precious metals scales.
    Tossers.
    Last edited by zimmer; 20-01-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    Finnwolf likes this.