Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Sarvo
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Sarvo

Thread: Rifle Scope Military standard Engineers Instrument Report*

Rifle Scope Military standard Engineers Instrument Report*

BLUF:
    The Delta Stryker 4.5-30x56 FFP performed perfectly on tracking tests conducted using in-service military testing equipment. In addition, no lash was recorded in the windage or elevation turrets, and no reticle can’t was detected.

Aim:
    Level scope reticle and conduct vertical and horizontal tracking tests to assess mechanical accuracy and reliability.

Method:
    After being mounted in a serialised pair of Vortex Precision Matched rings, the scope and rings were mounted onto a picatinny fixture built into a levelled TTS bench. The levelled collimator was then placed in-line with the scope, and the scope was then levelled against the perfect reference of the collimator. Horizontal tracking tests were conducted twice, out to five milliradians each side. Vertical tracking was then twice assessed from zero up to 18.7 milliradians (downward travel was not evaluated, as zerostop was fitted). Both windage and elevation turrets were then evaluated for backlash by repeatedly dialling corrections and comparing dialled values to observed values.

Results:
    No reticle cant was detected. Horizontal and vertical tracking tests showed nil deviation through the ranges tested.
    (COMMENT: The EIR Tech remarked that this was the first time that they had observed perfect tracking results over such a large testing range). No lash was measured in either windage or elevation values for the values tested.

I’ll refrain from drawing any conclusions, since this is a sample of one, other than to say that these results were quite remarkable. I do not have access to the optical testing equipment required to draw meaningful conclusions on glass quality and characteristics, so perhaps that is a piece of work that others could undertake on my behalf. I believe Ilya Koshkin (from Optic Thoughts) has already done some very good subjective evaluation, so potentially no need to reinvent the wheel.

For my money, I like it at least as much as my Vortex Razor Gen 2. I feel like that glass is ever so slightly better in the Delta (though only at higher magnifications, and/or at the extremes of elevation travel), although I prefer the mechanical turn indicator of the Razor and find parallax faster to remove in the Vortex as well. I prefer the reticle in the Delta to the EBR-2C and EBR-7C, although I wish the Delta has 0.2 graduations around the centre aiming dot where I feel they are the most use for rapid follow up engagements. Click feel is positive, but muted, and I prefer the feel of the Razor turrets…although I’ll take perfect tracking over turret feel 100 times out of 100.

Overall, I think it’s an incredible scope and a killer value. You really need to step up to Zero Compromise or Tangent Theta level optics to see improvements in optical quality and elevation travel. You can’t get better than perfect tracking, so there is nothing to be gained there. Very impressive package, and my new favourite rifle scope of field and PRS style shooting. I intend to put one of the DLR-1 versions on my 300 Dakota Magnum, and see how well it performs out past one mile with heavy mirage/rain/haze etc.

I hope some or all of this information proves useful.
    [img]file:///C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img]
    Micky Duck and Liam258 like this.

Name:  Delta Stryker promo pics_4.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  186.0 KB

Name:  image4.jpeg
Views: 793
Size:  2.21 MB

Regarding above EIR Tech report.

This report was kindly offered by an Army Personal who got the scope tested at the EIR Tech facility by a current serving Army officer for his own interests only.

Some points to note:

The supplier of the report paid full price for his Stryker and has kindly offered it to me for publishing with no reward or benefit to himself.

It should also be pointed out that the Scope that the Stryker was compared to in summary conclusion - sells for approx 30% more than our Delta 4.5-30 x 56 Stryker.

Delta Tactical - Stryker 4.5-30 x 56 HD FFP

New 2020 model
    $2945 including tracked delivery inside NZ
    (MIL) LRD-1T

Made in Japan by LOW (Light Optical Works) a factory renowned for its top end optics

Fully backed and supported by NZ's exclusive Delta importer.

Surprised not one comment on this
    Not every day one gets an opportunity to get a Scope report done without any hooks or influences and by such a high Tech standard

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Surprised not one comment on this
    Not every day one gets an opportunity to get a Scope report done without any hooks or influences and by such a high Tech standard
    Ok I'll comment....can you post a link to the report or inform me how I can read it.

Also since the Delta Stryker is made by LOW and "Fully backed and supported by NZ's exclusive Delta importer", why does there only seem to be a 10-year warranty on them? A number of other scopes made by LOW come with lifetime warranties ie the Bushnell Elite Tactical, TRACT Toric, Athlon Cronus...
    A good job and a good wife has been the ruin of many a good hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitage View Post
    Ok I'll comment....can you post a link to the report or inform me how I can read it.

Also since the Delta Stryker is made by LOW and "Fully backed and supported by NZ's exclusive Delta importer", why does there only seem to be a 10-year warranty on them? A number of other scopes made by LOW come with lifetime warranties ie the Bushnell Elite Tactical, TRACT Toric, Athlon Cronus...
    Actual Report was not allowed to be supplied (for obvious reasons)
    All Delta have 120 month Warranty
    Why not lifetime - not sure
    Maybe why all Delta HD Optics are circa 30% lower priced than comparable Optics that offer lifetime ??
    Sorry cannot answer that one

looks like one hell of a bit of kit....way above my pay grade and far too much scope for my needs.... the first more so than the 2nd.
    when my expendable income increases....mortguage still got 21 years left so wont happen soon...and my tired eyes get worse,I may need to upgrade from loopys I currently run,but as of now couldnt justify purchase.
    Trout likes this.

The turrets are simply huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    The turrets are simply huge.
    These Guys like big Knobs to play with
    caberslash likes this.