Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Right who got their Ruger Precision Rifles ?

My Mauser Kurz weights 6.3 lbs scoped and dripping wet, but the weight of the rifle doesn't influence me when I decide which one will come with me.
    But you keep them in a different safe so they don't see you sneaking out with the Ruger You obviously need to sell one to me.

Tentman, you obviously don't carry too much weight around your belly. Some people do, so that is why they hunt with a super light rifle.
    The phenomenon is well explained by Nathan foster in his book and one of his videos.

Just be aware that the bolts are left in the white , ie no protection , and guys that have taken them hunting in the rain , have found the bolt rusts very quickly , just a heads up .

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Tentman, you obviously don't carry too much weight around your belly. Some people do, so that is why they hunt with a super light rifle.
    The phenomenon is well explained by Nathan foster in his book and one of his videos.
    Or normal people hunt with a normal weight rifle because they think it seems a bit pointless carrying a bunch of extra weight for no real reason?
    Kiwi Greg, kokako and PERRISCICABA like this.

IMO if it weights more than an average baby then it's to heaven to lug around the bush.
    Parents have been lugging kids around a lot long.
    Suppose you could get a baby stroller for your gun, would be cheaper than fluting and all the bell an whistles.
    I'm not a fan of these light rifles either.
    I can carry my 11ld shotgun all day so not that worried about the same weight for my rifle

Got to shoot today , surprised anyone had 34mm rings to be honest , anyway , put a quick 16 rds thru it today , late afternoon , heres a pic of her & the last 3rds .

Beaker likes this.

How was the experience overall? impressive or just "average"? come on, tell us the "story"…

Its overal a good gun , bare in mind we pay almost double what the Yanks pay for them , is it as good as my AI AW , of cause not , but its not the same price point , if you want super smooth , then step up to a AI AW or AT or in 338 a AX .

My impression is that it will not handle a heavy barrel as well as a AI , the barrel profile is not as heavy , its a simlar profile to my PH M85 , but thats OK , I brought mine as a varmint gun that had a good double stack , double feed mag .

The trigger is something I will take more than 16rds to get to grips with , not had a rifle that has a trigger blade like the glocks etc , its light , but different .

The bipod mount is a pig , it maybe me , but its not inspiring confedence , thats OK , as I will go with a top mounted low C Of G bipod ( the Phoenix from the UK ) .

Need to get some brass & dies to be able to run a decent amount of shoots thru it .

I can say it feed all 16 rds fine , with no jams or misfeeds etc , stock at this stage , I no real issues with it so far .

I view these as the 10/22 of long range , ie shoot it as is , DONOT try to make it into a AI , and donot chase upgrades , use it as it comes out of the box , IF you chase , better trigger , better barrels , better handguards , all of a sudden you have spent the cost of a AI , BUT you donot have a AI .

Forget the Bender on it , its just what I had lying around un-used , will look at either a Bushy 4-5-18x44mm LRHS , or a Burris XTRII , when I get around to it .

The biggest thing this brings , is a double feed 10rd plus mag , not many rifles have that feature .

Early days at the moment , looking at 130gr Norma & 136gr Lapua Scenar L s , and Hornady .

Powders donot know ? , what are people using ?
    Like the can , its a nice cheap MAE 6mm/30 SS jobbie .

Later Chris
    grunzter and PERRISCICABA like this.

The PMII is a 4-16x50mm model , but is single turn & has 13.5mils , if set in the right canted mount ie 20-28 moa , so in short the scope has limited UP when compared to newer PMII designs , and if this model had say a double turn mil of say 23plus mils , it would be hard to beat .
    So as the cost of this would be close to say a 5-25x56mm , I would go to the 5-25x model , you get much more UP , and a close range para focus of 10m , the 4-16x is 50m .

The rings are millet 34mm high , # DT00723 , made in mexico .

RE the bipod , the Phoenix is not cheap , but its really for my AI AX , and I will get another spigot adapter , so I can swap the bipod between the Ruger & the AX , the bipod guy has sold 8 or more just to guys running them on RPR in the UK , users are also AX rifle & AX chassis owners as well.
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Oh yeah , watch the folding mech catch as it locks into alunimium , so its best NOT to just snap the stock into place , but every time wether opening or closing , depress the catch that way it will not eat the alloy locking recess as much .
    Once you have one , you will know what I mean .

P.S. The manual is very good , they did a good job writing it .
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Got rid of the plastic swiss army knife on mine

Name:  IMG_0141.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  1,015.8 KBName:  IMG_0140.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  654.2 KB

I pulled mine apart the first day I got it and noticed the blade on the trigger looked fairly simple to remove. I had actually planned on removing it myself but as the pull is 1.5lbs, .75lbs lower than the apparent minimum, I like the added safety, acts a bit like a 2 stage, so instead just smoothed out the blade take up with a bit of lapping paste.

FYI check how your bolt lugs are making contact, mine was making more on one side than the others, dab of lapping paste and a few cycles changed that

Mine loves 140gr Amaxs (haven't tried the ELDs yet)
    41.5gr of 2209
    Norma Brass
    Shoots under .2 when I do my part.
    Digit and PERRISCICABA like this.

heres new bipod on the RPR

If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    How is everyone liking them now - after a few months

Thinking of getting one myself

What velocities are you achieving with this load?