Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Taff
  • 1 Post By Taff

Thread: Rossi 22 rifles

Rossi 22 rifles

Anybody had any experience with the cheap rossi 8122 rimfire rifles being offered at the moment in regards to accuracy , triggers and general issues. Are they good value for money or rubbish ?

I actually went to buy one a couple of years ago , walked into turners sports in feilding and saw a 10/22 sitting on the self.
    Brought the 10/22 instead and haven't looked back. It was like it was ment too be.
    Patience Is A Virtue

Had a bolt come apart and no way in the world could I get it back together. Owner bought another brand to replace it.

i have one of the 22mag semis, works well. prefers heavier ammo

I had a 22mag version also, first one suffered light strike problems so it went back, the second is fine. Shoots well

Quite a few brands are made in Brazil - Magtech, CBC, Rossi etc. They are definitely entry level and you take a chance as to whether you buy a good example or no. I also had a Brazilian bolt fall to bits in my hands, while the magtech semiauto I tried was adequate. Because of their variable production quality there's risk buying a Brazilian rifle. You take a punt..

I'd suggest looking at this trademe rifle instead. A 20+ year old Norinco JW15. Reasonable (if worn) Hawke 3-9 scope, looks tidy and well kept, action well and truly worn in, and clearly a very fine shooter. Better proposition for you:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...1?bof=CqbOEz80

Wouldn't mind it myself. Have long found polished JWs to be very efficient little worker 22s - and earlier models better than many later eg GC ones.

Hi there,
    I have been looking at these myself recently. I have also been reading the other threads on 22LR rimfire rifles on the forum as well and having conversations.

Has anyone else bought one since this thread was started or have any more info or experiences to add? I am considering a bolt action one myself and comparing it to other options out there like the JW15 etc that are out there at the bottom end of the market.

I have sold lots of them, basic , bolt actions are reliable, semis in 17 and magnums can sometimes be problematic, semis in 22 are just magtechs ( same company). Not a gun for the serious long term investment but a good pinker.
    CamD likes this.

Any feed back on their levers, ie Rio Bravo?

Have one on the shelf, hate the screws they used on it looks like a dodgy builders job. Not sold one yet.
    CamD likes this.