Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: S1 MOA dial on a vx1

Thx

Bit of an update for anyone interested , ole mate with the vx1 on his Kimber is quite happy using it as is, but was talking to my brother who is a regular hunting mate about these S1 moa dials and so yesterday got a message from him saying he's got one from H@F here in Palmy , So must be a few floating around if your lucky.
    Now my bro has recently taken a major leap forward to catch up with technology ,about a year ago he replaced the fixed 4 x Leupold that I lent him thirty years ago with a flash new vx3i 3.5-10 x40 (non cds model) and more recently got himself a range finder and had a DPT Suppresser fitted to his old Tikka .308.
    Bro has informed me he has fitted the S1 moa dial and being the first time using a Suppresser was surprised at how much it reduced the recoil as well as noise reduction .
    He has got his rifle sighted in with a two hundred yard zero, with the plan being to get some shots on paper at 300 and 350 yards to see exactly what his trajectory is and make up a drop chart he can use with the moa dial.
    The Winchester factory ammo he uses is a very reliable killer at bush hunting ranges but with a BC of .294 has the trajectory of a 'brick' out past 300 yards but if we can get him shooting accurately out to 350-375 yards he will be as happy as a 'pig in muck'. Cheers