Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By flock

Thread: Savage 110 Storm feeding problems

Savage 110 Storm feeding problems

Written quite a bit on this problem, dam rifle never feed rounds from new, destroyed a magazine, bedded the action 2 or 3 times, reinvented the new magazine, which is way better, goes in firm. Lost count on how long I've spent, rifle shoots bloody well, and is very light, so I like it, but not feeding from the mag F/*ked it all.
    So hope this helps someone, solved, the feed ramp is too shallow & rounds ram into the bottom square section of the chamber, solution build up the feed ramp slightly, used JBs heat proof steel weld then polished it.
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  530.0 KB
    Husky1600#2 and 11mms like this.

Savages can be a pain alright, one of my magazines needs the spring tweaked periodically, yes of course it's the rifle that shoots the best!

Sounds like you've got it sorted. Was it a faulty mag with the rifle itself functioning well? Bolt etc...

No magazines were Ok, it's a feed ramp problem. Plastic stock bedding height dictates the magazine pick up, cheap way of doing it, problem was jaming rounds into bottom the side of the barrel. Could plainly see this but refused to believe Savage could stuff up so badly, shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, been making this model for 70 years plus. These rifles are $400US at walmart in the states, rip off NZ selling $1700. Obviously I expected better, Silly Me