Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: School me on Leupold CDS turrets

I got a zero stop ball bearing free from nz asia

Quote Originally Posted by deer243 View Post
    Just bought a Vx3i with the CDS. The scope (includes vx6 etc) already come with a MOA turret so you can use it like any other dial up scope. You get one free CDS dial . You send your custom infor for your ammo away and they send you a CDS dial that you replace the MOA one with and you set to go.
    You can get a zero stop no problem if you ask. You can get one rotation with that or not, your choice. i got a zero stop. You can set it in metres or yards , what ever you want.
    Heres what i did.
    I set my one for the Hornady 165 gr sst. Set it at a zero of 100m. Got a zero stop . Arrived within two weeks, with all your infor on top of the dial (ie bullet, speed, temp etc) Its set for metres.
    So i just replace my MOA turrent thats already on it.
    I put my new CDS dial set on 1 on the hash mark. Its set at 100m. If i want to shoot at 350m i just turn the dial to 3.5 and its all set to 350m. easy as. With the zero stop i can dial straight to 500m, plenty for what i want to do. if i didnt have a zero stop i could dial further. If i change ammo you can get another CDS dial for 59US or just replace the CDS dial with the MOA dial and use a cheat sheet and dial as you wish.
    Its that easy
    Yea my quoted post was nearly 4 years old
    When I got the cds on my first vx3 it was basicly a free upgrade as there were no cds in the country and my brand spankers new non cds scope was sent back to have the cds turret installed, now they come with the cds turret by default with a plastic dial under a cap and the cds MOA dial in the box all user fittable.
    GWH and deer243 like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    Does the zero stop option cost more with the cds voucher?
    Nah. its free. As its one rotation if you want to increase distance sight in zero at 200yards or metres and that get it out to 600-650
    Gibo likes this.

Ejected
    No 10 shot will work for the ball. The main problem being is that of the two non zero stop caps I have the hole wasn't in the right place for zero to be zero when I jammed a no 10 shot into it. You could redrill it or do what I did and just order the zero stopped cap from leupold.

Having the zero stop makes it less likely to bump the turret as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    No 10 shot will work for the ball. The main problem being is that of the two non zero stop caps I have the hole wasn't in the right place for zero to be zero when I jammed a no 10 shot into it. You could redrill it or do what I did and just order the zero stopped cap from leupold.

Having the zero stop makes it less likely to bump the turret as well.
    The ball is in the right place, the post wont be, I had to lift that ring off carefully and re set it so the post stopped the ball at zero

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    The ball is in the right place, the post wont be, I had to lift that ring off carefully and re set it so the post stopped the ball at zero
    Yeah the zero stop ring can be rotated to any orientation to line it up with the stop in the cap

Ejected
    Is the ring the bit on the scope or is it on the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Thanks for the info, which bit is the ring and how do I lift it off? Sorry for the stoopid questions.
    Take off the dial, the ring is the first thing you see, it has one section raised into a post. Jimmy it up carefully moving around it with a flat head or the like.

You can see the ring with post in first pic

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...rp-stop-30154/

Just bought a Vx3i with the CDS. The scope (includes vx6 etc) already come with a MOA turret so you can use it like any other dial up scope. You get one free CDS dial . You send your custom infor for your ammo away and they send you a CDS dial that you replace the MOA one with and you set to go.
    You can get a zero stop no problem if you ask. You can get one rotation with that or not, your choice. i got a zero stop. You can set it in metres or yards , what ever you want.
    Heres what i did.
    I set my one for the Hornady 165 gr sst. Set it at a zero of 100m. Got a zero stop . Arrived within two weeks, with all your infor on top of the dial (ie bullet, speed, temp etc) Its set for metres.
    So i just replace my MOA turrent thats already on it.
    I put my new CDS dial set on 1 on the hash mark. Its set at 100m. If i want to shoot at 350m i just turn the dial to 3.5 and its all set to 350m. easy as. With the zero stop i can dial straight to 500m, plenty for what i want to do. if i didnt have a zero stop i could dial further. If i change ammo you can get another CDS dial for 59US or just replace the CDS dial with the MOA dial and use a cheat sheet and dial as you wish.
    Its that easy
    So turn to 1.0 for 100, 2.5 for 250 etc? Very good.
    deer243 likes this.
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    @Norway Are CDS dials shooter moa or true moa?
    Sorry, wouldn't know. I always verify my trajectory, so my actual click values doesn't really matter. But the CDS system works.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Take off the dial, the ring is the first thing you see, it has one section raised into a post. Jimmy it up carefully moving around it with a flat head or the like.

You can see the ring with post in first pic

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...rp-stop-30154/
    "Stupid" questions are not possible to ask. Questions lets you explore the borders of your knowledge or connect dots you didn't know could be corrected. A good forum is a brilliant place to orient your head in the right direction and give you a better learning curve than making all doing everything without external input.

So please, keep asking. People will answer as long as you're not an opinionated ass.

it doesnt cost any more for the zero stop option . . i simply rang the agent n told them the voucher number and they sent it the next day .. . good service
    Last edited by rossi.45; 19-11-2016 at 04:30 AM.

Do the ball bearing zero stops work on the bigger 20moa VX6 CDS dials?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Do the ball bearing zero stops work on the bigger 20moa VX6 CDS dials?
    All Vx6 can have a zero stop

All Vx6 can have a zero stop
    But then Im limited to one rotation (20moa) right?