Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: scope decision

I've missed things because my zero was off because I dropped my not-so-tough scope. And features/build quality translates to a significant improvement in usability. Subjective minor improvements in glass clarity? Not so much.

And Iv not been able to see a deer through my cheaper scope that I could through my binos on dusk.My point is the same as yours once you get to particular price point reliablity increases in very small increments or rapidly deminishing returns if you like.Nothing is perfect so we accept the negatives to gain the positives as we see them.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Actually most of this is bollocks because when you boil it down its simply about want.You have a S&B mostly because you want one and that the best reason to have one.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

thanks for all the imput guys some very good points
    any one in the canterbury area with any of high end scopes??
    had the worst gun city experience today
    all i wanted was a looksey

Impure Lead Flinger
    Just playing with my new premier and comparing to my march..... And first impresaion verdicts out glass and quality leaves march in the dust....

Did you get the full heritage or the light tac?

It sounds really bad, but after looking through various Nightforces and Leupolds, I really cant see why any one thinks their glass quality is acceptable for the price. Even my made in china Super Sniper HD is better, and the march, IOR, S+B's etc absolutely have considerably better glass to the point, where I honestly believe, you could potentially scan right over an animal with one and pick it up with the other.

They certainly have a place in the market, as in, my price point, but if given the chance, there's no way id own 4 Nightforces over 3 Schmidts....

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    had the worst gun city experience today
    all i wanted was a looksey
    I have been in to the one in Auckland a lot, never had a very good experience. Last time I went in I wanted to talk to someone about a rem 700, and the guy in an arrogant way asked "why?" I was a wee bit stunned, he then went on about them being crap, and I should look at sako etc, then tried to sell me his single shot .308 Omark with Nightforce optics for $2.5k. I was a little confused, as it is his own personal LR gun, not a company one. I won't go there any more, reloaders or H&F, although I am still waiting for an email from them for a quote on a rem700 and optics... That was 5 weeks ago.

Impure Lead Flinger
    I got The hunter ah crankamator... Im getting a second this week as a little treat for smashin a record or two... 45tn a ling for 3 weeks yea fukn boooyyyy and its not even spawn.... Trying to decide weatha I get the light tac or another hunter with a7 reticle this time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brennos View Post
    I have been in to the one in Auckland a lot, never had a very good experience. Last time I went in I wanted to talk to someone about a rem 700, and the guy in an arrogant way asked "why?" I was a wee bit stunned, he then went on about them being crap, and I should look at sako etc, then tried to sell me his single shot .308 Omark with Nightforce optics for $2.5k. I was a little confused, as it is his own personal LR gun, not a company one. I won't go there any more, reloaders or H&F, although I am still waiting for an email from them for a quote on a rem700 and optics... That was 5 weeks ago.
    well seams like shops dont want to sell you any thing anymore
    customer service goes a long way

Quote Originally Posted by baldbob View Post
    I got The hunter ah crankamator... Im getting a second this week as a little treat for smashin a record or two... 45tn a ling for 3 weeks yea fukn boooyyyy and its not even spawn.... Trying to decide weatha I get the light tac or another hunter with a7 reticle this time.....
    The light tac is freaken awesome, but if the turrets work well and feel ok in the hunter, why not I spose?

You only need one hunting scope, the rest for long range can be a bit bigger I reckon.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    well seams like shops dont want to sell you any thing anymore
    customer service goes a long way
    Reloaders has always privided me top notch service. As have botany hunting and fishing, for things off the shelf, just don't rely on them to email you back lol.

Hey Bob
    You said youd go for the A7 recticle if you get another premier,,,what did you get on your first one and thoughts??
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrash View Post
    Hey Bob
    You said youd go for the A7 recticle if you get another premier,,,what did you get on your first one and thoughts??
    I got gen2 mildot... Its very nice and I really like it alot.... Has nice graduations and not to hefty in thickness at high power but is very thin on low which is fine for my purposes..... I would grab an a7 on another merely to give me some diversty if thats the best way to put it..... Im keen on one for my .270 which is my close range and bush rifle so the slightly thicker a7 would be more suited I feel.... Yet still allowing me diallability.....

Bob the meter reader....

hey guys thought i would update, went with the S&B in the end:thumbsu
    Name:  photo (1).JPG
Views: 293
Size:  443.5 KB