Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: scope decision

nice setup there 308 what magnification ya go with??
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL

ended up with the 5-25

Quote Originally Posted by Brennos View Post
    I have been in to the one in Auckland a lot, never had a very good experience. Last time I went in I wanted to talk to someone about a rem 700, and the guy in an arrogant way asked "why?" I was a wee bit stunned, he then went on about them being crap, and I should look at sako etc, then tried to sell me his single shot .308 Omark with Nightforce optics for $2.5k. I was a little confused, as it is his own personal LR gun, not a company one. I won't go there any more, reloaders or H&F, although I am still waiting for an email from them for a quote on a rem700 and optics... That was 5 weeks ago.
    it funny you say that about the G C i get similiar service at H+F Tga and rotorua it seems an effort to get served and when you do Arrogant is all i can say. my money goes to hamills now awesome service both Tga and Rotorua

hey guys, new to this site, not sure why I didn't join sooner! anyway I am in the same situation as longrange308,

I have just brought a RRA LAR-8 308 Varmint 26" and am boggled by the range of glass out there, I have a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40 CDS on my Tikka T3 270 and love it, but am looking for something for as above some paper punching and hunting.....
    Has anyone used/handled a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 with a EBR-1 MRAD Reticle, I was put onto this by a yank mate, he swears by Vortex,
    Done a little interweb research firearm forums/youtube so on and it seems to get very good reports.....
    would appreciate any feed back or suggestions for other sight options

Cheers all

hi hunter1974
    not sure on your budget but the s&b is outstanding
    they are crystal clear easy to use
    got my 308 out to 300m today and could easly see the bullet holes
    worth every dollar

Quote Originally Posted by longrange308 View Post
    hi hunter1974
    not sure on your budget but the s&b is outstanding
    they are crystal clear easy to use
    got my 308 out to 300m today and could easly see the bullet holes
    worth every dollar
    Hey bro,

S&B who carries those in NZ do you happen to have a link to a NZ site I could check out....to be honest the budget will just depend on what works the best...not a good way to start looking for high end glass a......could end up out in the gun room if the wife finds out!

Cheers

you can import your self or gun city has them
    as long as the gun rooms warm should be ok