Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scope options

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    No, I doubt it mate. I would say there would be a law somewhere preventing me from it as well. Kids like hooning on a biscuit tho. I will be to plastered most of the trip anyway. Bringing up 3L of Whiskey and I dont plan to bring any back
    You best get in Judes good books now bro, coz you will be helping me.
    Like a manatee on planks. Im sure it legal just maybe not what the locals are used to.
    Better pick up a good bottle of port if ya have room, that'l keep the boss happy.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Like a manatee on planks. Im sure it legal just maybe not what the locals are used to.
    Better pick up a good bottle of port if ya have room, that'l keep the boss happy.
    If the manatee is slightly retarded then that would be an accurate description

What does she like mate. I am ordering it later on. Then it is waiting for me when I get off the plane They dont have the greatest selection or even Artillery port. She has a choice of Dows, Cockburn, Taylors or Harvey bristol.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Taylors can do an ok ruby, around the $60 mark?

AB Precision
    What are the likely improved specs from Premier, anyone know?
    no word of them so hanging out for the 14th......
    must be big change there light tacs where selling for 1300us? to clear stock ready for new
    R93 likes this.

R93
    Taylors can do an ok ruby, around the $60 mark?
    It says it is around $35 for 1l Having troubles sorting it. Will try another computer. Taylors fine Ruby is only 30 bucks for a 750

It says it is around $35 for 1l Having troubles sorting it. Will try another computer. Taylors fine Ruby is only 30 bucks for a 750
    Close enough,

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    options so far are

Mark6 leupold 3-18x44
    PmII compact 3-20x50
    Atacr 5-25x56
    March 4-40x56
    Kahles k 6-24x56
    NXS 5.5-22x56

Options after shot show

March 3-24x52
    Premier......cant find out but have a new line out also Love you light tac an heritage but would love little more mag on the light tac
    It is a light weight build but it I try keep scope light them options run out or limit

Thoughts?
    i picked up a kahles K624i with MSR reticle. Am just setting it up and re-validating the drop data against the 0.1MIL click values.

The other scope that should be on your list is the Steiner

R93
    Close enough,
    No worries I will grab some.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    The other scope that should be on your list is the Steiner
    Richard Wilhelm loves anything Steiner I think they still use Canada balsam to seal and glue their lenses..................Bacteria grows in it.

One thing that will drive you mad , is the MTC function on the Premiers , ( ie the heavy click every full mil , 1.0 , 2.0 etc ) , and this makes dailling say 2.1 mil , a bit harder & slower than a normal scope , as the heavy click obscures the next light click .
    You may also , not like the camlock method of zeroing , as will as the clickers still clicking/working , when you slip the knob to 0 .

So , in my opinion , having used scopes with MTC , I make the decision to avoid at all costs .

Henys , are interesting , but still need to have better reticle options than the std mildot etc , as well as in their big 3.5-26x56mm scope , they are using MTC clicks , and although its been described as one of the best feeling MTC knobs , I will choose not to bother ,

The new 5-20x50 with the new double turn low profile knob would be nice , but I dont like your odds on getting any S&B PMII at short notice .

Actually , if I wanted to save weight and still have a good scope for LR hunting , then maybe a MK4 fixed 16x the model that was made for the 50BMG , they have very solid & reliable clicks , and around 150 moa total travel in 1/4 moa clicks , 15 moa per rev , for 10 revs .
    Some have been used with Premier boosted mag , at 20x , 30x and used for brenchrest .
    Down side , reticle and turrets different , but a very solid & reliable scope .
    Its totally over looked by all hunters that MUST have a varipower , so none have any experience with one at all , glass is pretty good , as fixed power use less lens , so higher light transmission , for me its the BEST scope peroid for around 1K NZD , 2nd hand from the US .
    As I said , as its a OLD fixed , its not even considered , if any one actually used or saw one , they would change thier view .

Later Chris

Do we get a pic and specs of the build?

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Funny how people's opinions/feelings can be quite different. I actually really like the MTC turrets of the Premier Heritage scope and the camlock system is great for swapping the scope from one rifle to the next. I have the scope in a Near Alphamount so it's quick to change.

I'd wait to shot show to see what Premier has coming. I have a new March on order, but they won't be here til probably May either... Depending on what Premier bring out I might be cancelling the March for the Premier...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    One thing that will drive you mad , is the MTC function on the Premiers , ( ie the heavy click every full mil , 1.0 , 2.0 etc ) , and this makes dailling say 2.1 mil , a bit harder & slower than a normal scope , as the heavy click obscures the next light click .
    You may also , not like the camlock method of zeroing , as will as the clickers still clicking/working , when you slip the knob to 0 .

So , in my opinion , having used scopes with MTC , I make the decision to avoid at all costs .

Henys , are interesting , but still need to have better reticle options than the std mildot etc , as well as in their big 3.5-26x56mm scope , they are using MTC clicks , and although its been described as one of the best feeling MTC knobs , I will choose not to bother ,

The new 5-20x50 with the new double turn low profile knob would be nice , but I dont like your odds on getting any S&B PMII at short notice .

Actually , if I wanted to save weight and still have a good scope for LR hunting , then maybe a MK4 fixed 16x the model that was made for the 50BMG , they have very solid & reliable clicks , and around 150 moa total travel in 1/4 moa clicks , 15 moa per rev , for 10 revs .
    Some have been used with Premier boosted mag , at 20x , 30x and used for brenchrest .
    Down side , reticle and turrets different , but a very solid & reliable scope .
    Its totally over looked by all hunters that MUST have a varipower , so none have any experience with one at all , glass is pretty good , as fixed power use less lens , so higher light transmission , for me its the BEST scope peroid for around 1K NZD , 2nd hand from the US .
    As I said , as its a OLD fixed , its not even considered , if any one actually used or saw one , they would change thier view .

Later Chris
    The problem with higher mag fixed is field of view. Swapping from binos to scope and trying to find an animal in terrain that has limited points of difference is far easier/faster if you can power down and expand the fov then power up once you have located it. Reducing magnification also makes spotting the first shot and following up easier as the range decreases. Something like the 16x50 also limits you to an exit pupil of 3.1mm so as daylight fades you dont have the option of winding back the power to increase it. A 4-16x50 I could crank back to 9 x to give me 5.5mm ( about all my eyes can use) which is usefull at the end to daylight.
    Last edited by sneeze; 01-01-2014 at 11:19 PM.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by distant stalker View Post
    Do we get a pic and specs of the build?
    When she is scoped ill put it up mate

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Funny how people's opinions/feelings can be quite different. I actually really like the MTC turrets of the Premier Heritage scope and the camlock system is great for swapping the scope from one rifle to the next. I have the scope in a Near Alphamount so it's quick to change.

I'd wait to shot show to see what Premier has coming. I have a new March on order, but they won't be here til probably May either... Depending on what Premier bring out I might be cancelling the March for the Premier...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    +1 I also like the harder click can dial up with out looking and go by feel.

I its not so long to wait not are heavy leaning one way now after a chat with him think I will go that way anyway now then just see what premier have to offer as well

AB Precision
    These
    Steiner 5X-25X-56mm MSR Rifle Scope 5550 for sale!

And these
    Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 Rifle Scope EBR-3 RZR-52008 for sale!
    Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C Riflescope for sale!

Look at the weight on the Gen2 Razor HD on quick release rings would double as a bat.............

Scope of choice has been ordered an shipped on Monday so wont be to long now