Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Scope recommendation for rimfire silhouette shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Personally I'd go for the one with the clearest reticle, which looks like the Refield. However equally important is having a scope that holds its clicks adjustments AND is very easy to adjust. No point have a scope that requires screwdriver/coin for adjustments, as you'll need to adjust every 10 shots when moving onto the next bank. But get a scope that holds zero and is easy to adjust, don't use mildots and holdover.

There's a Vortex at Reloaders :
    Vortex Crossfire 2 3-9x40 V-Brite MOA #CF2-31025 - Vortex Optics - Scopes - Optics - Reloaders Supplies Ltd
    which is $399 and includes free shipping

or a Nikko Stirling
    Nikko Stirling Diamond Long Range 6-24x50 Illuminated Hold Fast - Nikko Stirling - Scopes - Optics - Reloaders Supplies Ltd
    at $450 which is still cheaper than the Vortex, and better turrets.

Best way to win - practise on turkeys and rams, as chickens are close being only 40m and pigs are easier as they're the biggest target option at 60m. Sils shooting does sort the men from the boys, give centrefire a try, 200m standing and still no slings
    Cheers I'm leaning towards the Redfield at Moment but will keep the Vortex and Nikko in mind I have a Vortex Viper PST on my center fire I quite like it apart from the power ring (very stiff to turn and only 3 power settings marked on it)
    Redfield Revolution 4-12x40mm Riflescope - Hunting and Outdoor Supplies.
    Spec are here https://www.redfield.com/_media/down..._4-12x40mm.pdf

Get a second hand Weaver Grand Slam 4.5-14x40 - best for your money ($500). Very reliable windage and holdover adjustments, very good glass, adjustable objective. Don't get the cheaper Weaver Classic - glass is not as good (but if you have young eyes you may not have any problem).
    ZG47 likes this.

Leapers UTG make dialable scopes used for field target airgun.

Mine tracks OK.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...st-fire-28359/

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    Leapers UTG make dialable scopes used for field target airgun.

Mine tracks OK.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...st-fire-28359/
    Thats an interesting scope good to see a tracking test done.
    Ill keep it in mind anywhere in NZ I can get one?

The nz agents were "nz hunter" ( not the magazine) and now str8shooter but availability has been poor. I would like to buy another one in nz but am having trouble.

Maybe post a wtb note on the nz airgun forum. I got a 4-16x56 from a mate at work .so they do change hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Personally I'd go for the one with the clearest reticle, which looks like the Refield. However equally important is having a scope that holds its clicks adjustments AND is very easy to adjust. No point have a scope that requires screwdriver/coin for adjustments, as you'll need to adjust every 10 shots when moving onto the next bank. But get a scope that holds zero and is easy to adjust, don't use mildots and holdover.

There's a Vortex at Reloaders :
    Vortex Crossfire 2 3-9x40 V-Brite MOA #CF2-31025 - Vortex Optics - Scopes - Optics - Reloaders Supplies Ltd
    which is $399 and includes free shipping

or a Nikko Stirling
    Nikko Stirling Diamond Long Range 6-24x50 Illuminated Hold Fast - Nikko Stirling - Scopes - Optics - Reloaders Supplies Ltd
    at $450 which is still cheaper than the Vortex, and better turrets.

Best way to win - practise on turkeys and rams, as chickens are close being only 40m and pigs are easier as they're the biggest target option at 60m. Sils shooting does sort the men from the boys, give centrefire a try, 200m standing and still no slings
    Thanks great advice I've got another shoot on Sunday see how well I do this time.
    It will be a couple months beforeI get a scope have to pay the centerfire off first so I'll keep looking around
    Cheers