Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Scopes

No, more the fact you call the people you want to help you 'monkey's' . I know I wouldn't bust my ass to help someone with that opinion of me.

Can you not send direct to USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    No, more the fact you call the people you want to help you 'monkey's' . I know I wouldn't bust my ass to help someone with that opinion of me.

Can you not send direct to USA?
    You do get the feeling that the term 'monkeys' is well earned though.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    You do get the feeling that the term 'monkeys' is well earned though.
    Not through my dealings, and certainly not after their contribution to the Toby shoot.
    Fisherman and BRADS like this.

Leupold warranties are not batched up, but sent individually, first to OZ then to the USA if needing more radical work, postage is usually $40.00 and can take upto six weeks to repair, depending on work required.

I went Zeiss conquest on my 3006 great glass you might pic up a second hand ons for 6 ish

Quote Originally Posted by Full noise View Post
    I went Zeiss conquest on my 3006 great glass you might pic up a second hand ons for 6 ish
    I stil have one after many years, Great bloody glass and 4" of constant eye releif - very under rated scopes.
    If you want to buy one new buy a meopta meopro 3-9x40 & 42 they are the same scope as the conquest (its made by them)

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Leupold warranties are not batched up, but sent individually, first to OZ then to the USA if needing more radical work, postage is usually $40.00 and can take upto six weeks to repair, depending on work required.
    Hi Taff where would I be best to send these cascades to , iv been told they will replace them ?
    Name:  IMG_0369 (Copy).JPG
Views: 262
Size:  89.1 KB

Have a look at the Minox ZV3 3-9x40. They sell for around $350 and if the optics of their Binos are anything to go by they will be well worth the money.
    Also their warranty is brilliant. I sent a pair of Binos back that I had dropped (told them that) and they replaced them with a brand new pair. Just cost me the freight to get them their.
    There a a few listed on Trade Me at the moment.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Hi Taff where would I be best to send these cascades to , iv been told they will replace them ?
    Attachment 56315
    Contact Ben at NZ.ASIA mate. nz.asia@actrix.co.nz email 035470028 phone

Jez what happened to them ?

TBH lad, I am a mid range spender and spend a fair amount of time reading up prior to buying anything. It is good to see that you are doing your research prior to buying, nothing worse than getting an item and finding out that every forum you look at has slammed it. Today's market provides you with so many options and price ranges that it can often get frustrating!

Some simple rules:

1. Don't be thrown out by user or seller bias.

2. Look for trends in product reviews.

3. Be wary of outdated reviews.

4. Spend a little more to save disappointment. Some items arent worth the short change later down the track.

5. Get your hands on the desired equipment, see if it personally suits you, then buy it online for the best deal (usually)

4. Related to 5. - everyone has different wants/needs/outputs.

Now my last 2cents:

Vortex - have added a bit more info as you seemed keen on these?
    - have seen PST in action and find it questionable at the higher end magnification, but that's just me. (More so in low light)
    - I have seen some problems with new turrets as well (if that's where you are heading).
    - However you get a lot of scope for what you pay for.
    - (Random note) The FFP 2.5-10x32 gets raved about but a lot of ppl won't touch the x44 SFP.
    - Lifetime warranty on all products - can't complain...hands down, best bunch of ppl I have ever dealt with.
    Sightron
    - I have a bias here, but the glass is unbeatable for the price range, tad on the heavier side - solid scopes, easily overlooked for some reason? Possibly due to some bad customer service in the past?
    Leupold
    - Seems to be the NZ hunters go too.
    - Robust and clear glass with a lifetime warranty...
    - Although this requires (I may be wrong)you to post your scope to the states... Unlike Vortex.
    - You pay for the reputation.
    - If you have used Leupold and like it, stay with it.
    Weaver
    -IMO, in the price range you are looking at - the grandslam and superslam series may be a go? Jap glass and a limited (1st buyer) lifetime warranty...
    - I have owned one, although not the best - it did the job, even in lower light conditions.
    - Turrets (just normal covered ones) did stick on me though.
    Bushnell & Nikon
    - Have some good prices and good reviews, never used them so I can't comment.
    Last minute thought : Millet
    - Just throwing it out there.
    - heavier scope but I have seen mil/Mildot or Moa/Moa go for 4-500 second hand, which could be a steel (4-16x50)
    - has turret locks (wish my Sightron had these lol)
    - Glass is pretty good IMO.

Don't buy gun works scopes or random brands, always check ratings on forums such as this first. Just be aware that some of the big spenders are always going to tell you to buy Nightforce, SB, Zeiss etc. These are great but yes you will need to mortgage half of them lol, but when punch for punch reviews come out and compare some of the scopes I mentioned against the scope giants, it can be an interesting read, sometimes a little less image clarity can save you an arm and leg.

Arghh, rambling anyway. I hope something in this helps.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hunter_killer; 25-09-2016 at 10:27 PM.