Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sig sauer cross

Yup exactly! Ken @556 said they were looking at bringing these in. That's where I will be looking

Cursory search on Google seems to indicate that the price would be around 4000 dollars.

6.5 creedmoor is 1900 USD from the first place that had the price. So usd to nzd is around 1800 bucks.

So with profit margin and export permits that's what I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    Wonder how long the barrel would last at those speeds ? Thats fair honking along .
    It's the question you would ask, but being designed for Military they must have found away to address this?
    I mean Daniel Defense chf barrels were supposed to be tested to do 10's of thousands of rounds and still shoot ok. Can't see point in a grunt having to cart spare barrels around for his rifle so can shoot hot ammo.

The military would be using a chrome lined bore which would drastically increase service life

I am questioning the logic and logistical nightmare that all those new cartridges are going to create for the US arm forces.
    They have now the 6.5 creedmoor, they might have that 277 fury soon, the 308, the 300 win mag, the 300prc, one of the Norma (300 or 338 I don't remember), the 338 lapua, the 50 cal and some of their special forces probably have a few 375 or 408 cheytac hanging around.
    I am sure the ammo manufacturers love that at least.

The concept with their new 277 based cartridges is to replace both 556 and 308 with an intermediate cartridge capable of fulfilling the role of both.
    Russian 22. likes this.