Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SPEARONZ
  • 1 Post By Strider B

Thread: sig sauer sierra6 18x scope reviews

sig sauer sierra6 18x scope reviews

Hey team.

I have a set of sig Bdx rf binoculars and am looking to pair with a new sig scope.

Does anyone have one, how does it perform.

If i don’t buy a sig I won’t be upgrading to a different scope but i like the bdx system.

Even better if someone in chch has one i can have a look through it would be awesome

cheers
    strider

Bump

I like sig optics and have a couple of products however my advice is just learn how to dial or hold elevation on a standard scope and then make a drop chart.

A bdx scope will be like a mini disk player and will be worthless as soon as a new gimmick comes out.

Probably not what you want to hear but if you have the money there’s plenty of other bits of kit you could buy.
    Tahr and Preacher like this.

Hey spearo, cheers for the advice.

I agree with the sentiment on both points you made.
    Im relatively well versed in using dial up scopes, the idea of being able to use my sig binos to send info straight to a scope was still quite appealing, especially with the ability to pair it with a kestrel.

Ive read and watched a heap of reviews about them and decided to stick with what I have. From what I can figure, the system can be a bit buggy which is not something im super keen on when trying to line up an animal.

If i see one come up cheap i’ll grab it just to quench my curiosity but wont be dropping cash on a new one.
    SPEARONZ likes this.

I've had a look through a few of the scopes and find them okay but not that amazing. The reticle/dot isn't great either, I find it to heavy and lacking any windholds.

The rangefinders I like, they range well and have good displays. I find the advanced ballistics software in them to be very nice, it's accurate and easy to use.

I use one of the 1800bdx rangefinders and dial for long range. Before heading out I'll simply pair the rangefinder to my phone and select the appropriate rifle profile and forecast/current environmental data for the coming hunt. Then my "drop chart" comes up in the rangefinder just after the range. I'll hold for wind with the scope.

To be fair you don't really need the seirra 6 scope, the binos are so good and give you the solution as far as elevation goes out to around 800 I think?
    I only shoot at animals to 500m, works very well and less things can go wrong.