Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LJP

Silenz Suppressor

Anyone have any experience with the Silenz suppressors that Dean Maisey manufactures? Any comments on quality, sound reduction etc? I've heard very good things about his gunsmithing so wondered if the suppressors followed the same suit.

I put about 20-30 round through one when running in a barrel for a mate. I was very impressed. Very well made and good suppression. Noise level seemed on par with my Hardy Gen IV (both rifles in .308 win). Down side was the weight, not super heavy, just solid feeling.

I'd certainly consider getting one, particularly if it was going on a rifle that I intended to shoot a lot. For a hunting rifle I like DPTs, due to weight and the fact that one can take them apart and see what is going on.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    They must have improved them since the NZ Guns test. IIRC they were some of the lowest in dB reduction.

Or was it Rod & Rifle that the test was in??
    Last edited by Mathias; 03-12-2019 at 03:35 PM.

It was R&R. I tried out my mates one prior to that test, and was surprised by what R&R found in terms of dB reduction.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella