Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree77Likes
  • 48 Post By 6.5 CRD
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 6 Post By Barry the hunter
  • 2 Post By blip
  • 1 Post By buzzman
  • 1 Post By Mooseman
  • 1 Post By csmiffy
  • 1 Post By kukuwai
  • 1 Post By bluebaiter222
  • 10 Post By Kiwi Greg
  • 1 Post By erniec
  • 4 Post By 6.5 CRD

Thread: Something a few may appreciate.. they dont make em like they used to

Something a few may appreciate.. they dont make em like they used to

Stoked to have my fathers 7x57 back in my hands after a number of years, big thanks to @Kiwi Greg for sorting out the tight bolt + arranging getting it up to auckland for me.

Husqvarna Vapenfabriks 7x57 with a Kahles Helia Super 4x thats seen better days after many years of hard use including a run in with a deep section of the lake rotoroa durville riverbed one evening.

Brings back some pretty cool memories of years gone by, claimed its fair share of animals around the south island in the hands of my late father & probably atleast half of the deer i have shot myself aswell. Such a great rifle to shoot, far more comfortable than the plastic fantastic of this day & age. Unfortunately i have some hearing loss to blame on it from plenty of hunting with no hearing protection when i was younger ( dad was also deaf as a fence post, wonder why )

Looking forward to getting it out in the bush (this time with some hearing protection) and shooting some more deer with it.

Name:  IMG_0639.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  652.1 KB
    Name:  JanIngham27ED.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  708.1 KB
    Name:  JanIngham492ED.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  424.7 KB

how wonderful...... treasure it and be able to pass onwards one day in future.
    6.5 CRD likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CRD View Post
    Stoked to have my fathers 7x57 back in my hands after a number of years, big thanks to @Kiwi Greg for sorting out the tight bolt + arranging getting it up to auckland for me.

Husqvarna Vapenfabriks 7x57 with a Kahles Helia Super 4x thats seen better days after many years of hard use including a run in with a deep section of the lake rotoroa durville riverbed one evening.

Brings back some pretty cool memories of years gone by, claimed its fair share of animals around the south island in the hands of my late father & probably atleast half of the deer i have shot myself aswell. Such a great rifle to shoot, far more comfortable than the plastic fantastic of this day & age. Unfortunately i have some hearing loss to blame on it from plenty of hunting with no hearing protection when i was younger ( dad was also deaf as a fence post, wonder why )

Looking forward to getting it out in the bush (this time with some hearing protection) and shooting some more deer with it.

Attachment 227244
    Attachment 227245
    Attachment 227249
    thank you for sharing that neat old piece of kit with us - makes a huge break from plastic and 6.5 cream puff - these dont lose value - made by craftsmen - lifetime possession's
    Trout, john m, Micky Duck and 3 others like this.

Shit thats nice. Good caliber as well
    RugerM77 and 6.5 CRD like this.

That’s cool alright cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6.5 CRD likes this.

Great rifle and calibre and a treasured piece of your fathers and your past. Will be great to see it back in action.
    6.5 CRD likes this.

Much jealous
    Would like a nice 7x57 well just because
    6.5 CRD likes this.

Heirloom

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    6.5 CRD likes this.
    Its not what you get but what you give that makes a life !!

Ideal candidate for the ever popular Walnut & Blued Steel thread.My rings of choice are also Conetrols on any classic.Keep em coming.
    6.5 CRD likes this.

I'm a stainless, carbon guy myself (except for some wood blued big CZs) but when I picked this rifle up it just felt right/nice/awesome, the scope was clear, old school Khales with thick posts & thin cross hairs

Would love to take it out, it just screamed at me "take me hunting"

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5 CRD View Post

Attachment 227244
    Attachment 227245
    Attachment 227249
    That photo seems familiar has it been in a hunting mag?
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    That photo seems familiar has it been in a hunting mag?
    Not that im aware of

Shoots alright for an old girl. 139gr SP chugging along at 2500 should do the job

Name:  IMG_0662.JPG
Views: 193
Size:  552.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0661.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  294.1 KB

Going to have some fun with that.