Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Stag 9T 9mm

res
    I wouldn't have thought the bold closing would have affected it, more opening.

I also wouldn't have thought you would be able to release the trigger completely fast enough to have any effect.
    @gundoc it would be interesting and perhaps helpful to have your thought if you feel you can say anything without looking at at
    Using Tapatalk

I have a Timney in my 9mm AR works a treat ! .. has been through several thousand rounds ... and also spent a year with good use in my .223 R15

Quote Originally Posted by seano View Post
    I have a Timney in my 9mm AR works a treat ! .. has been through several thousand rounds ... and also spent a year with good use in my .223 R15
    Good to know.
    Thanks Seano.
    seano likes this.

Full auto... Can you get it to do it reliably? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

res
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_fish View Post

Lets not forget how dangerous a hammer following the carrier home is.
    A out of battery detonation could really stuff up your day.
    I'm sure you know but it has to be said.
    Using Tapatalk

Its not a good look when shooting at the pistol club.
    res likes this.

Jokes boys. Settle down.
    On a more serious note, have you cleaned it? Like flushed it out with brakeclean or similar? If there's too much crap in there it could reduce overtravel and stop the disconnector engaging fully. I haven't experienced it with an AR trigger but have had something similar happen on my race guns before...
    I run an AR Gold and have had no issues with upwards of 2k rounds (not that you would call that a high round count...)

res likes this.

Jokes boys. Settle down.
    On a more serious note, have you cleaned it? Like flushed it out with brakeclean or similar? If there's too much crap in there it could reduce overtravel and stop the disconnector engaging fully. I haven't experienced it with an AR trigger but have had something similar happen on my race guns before...
    I run an AR Gold and have had no issues with upwards of 2k rounds (not that you would call that a high round count...)

Yep I clean the trigger with the brakeclean everytime I clean the rifle (About every 1-1.5k rounds or once a month, what ever comes first).

Are the Timneys adjustable for overtravel? That's the only thing I can think of that might make it act the way you describe. Otherwise - best of luck mate. Ryan

[QUOTE=hunt_fish;487192]Are the Timneys adjustable for overtravel? That's the only thing I can think of that might make it act the way you describe. Otherwise

In theory, they are factory set and you are not meant to touch them.

Broken bolt stops can be cured by putting a steel shim washer in the front of the stop to make it a snug fit in the receiver and prevent twisting when the bolt makes contact. I would also recommend having a new stop machined from solid steel and properly heat-treated for toughness, rather than use the replacement investment-cast ones. Investment casting is a quick and economical way to make acceptable parts, but is still not as good as properly made (albeit slower and more expensive) parts.

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc View Post
    Broken bolt stops can be cured by putting a steel shim washer in the front of the stop to make it a snug fit in the receiver and prevent twisting when the bolt makes contact. I would also recommend having a new stop machined from solid steel and properly heat-treated for toughness, rather than use the replacement investment-cast ones. Investment casting is a quick and economical way to make acceptable parts, but is still not as good as properly made (albeit slower and more expensive) parts.
    Hi Gundoc.
    NZGUNS are still working on a billet bolt lock for me. A tough ask.
    I will look at a shim. The clearances certainly don’t help the issue.
    In the mean time they keep suppling the investment cast versions. Think 6 so far. Lost count.
    They are also getting a heavier buffer manufactured for me currently.
    This is all under warranty so they do stand behind the gear.

Another quick update.
    The Timney trigger has gone back again. This time sounds like it will be replaced.
    It went auto at a drop of a hat and the only way to stop it was by deliberately talking my finger of the trigger between each shot.
    With the Timney out of action, I have gone back to the original trigger which is heavy but usable.
    With the round count getting close to only about 10K I was surprised today to get some light strikes. I use CCI small rifle primers #400 and have never had an issue before after burning through about 150K through various platforms.
    The primers where seated correctly and even a double hit did not always set the rounds off.
    Removing the firing pin I found the likely cause. The firing pin head is damaged.
    Waiting to hear back from NZGuns if they have a spare.
    Name:  IMG_6302.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  144.9 KB
    res likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Another quick update.
    The Timney trigger crapped out again yesterday.
    It’s been good since it came back from being fixed (Return screw shaken loose) but now the hammer is following and or going full auto.
    Outdoor Supplies say to send it back again so at least that’s good.
    I have fitted the original Stag trigger again till the replacement turns up again.
    I think the Timney would normally be fine for most applications but it did not like me running repeated V drills.
    I run another on one of my 223's and have not had any issues at all. Round count on the 223 is way behind the Stag that must be close to 10K rounds plus.

Anyone else running high round count aftermarket triggers?
    If so what are you running?
    For what it's worth I am having much the same issues with a Timney 3 pound on a 223 AR15. Round count is under 1k. I am also interested in recommendations on good aftermarket triggers. I am also getting light strikes and misfires.

Geissele all day every day. Just fork out the money, buy once, cry once you will never look back.