Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Cigar
  • 1 Post By MCCPRO
  • 4 Post By DPT

Thread: Suppressor fit on chopped barrel.

Suppressor fit on chopped barrel.

I had 19cm taken off the end of a heavy barrel Rem 700. Now I can’t get the suppressor on due to the wider cross section of the barrel. It’s a DPT suppressor with no rear bush. I think I need to turn a wider hole in the suppressor. Just checking for any other suggestions or warnings.

Gone but not forgotten
    Removing metal that stops the gases coming back at your face doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

I'd be talking to @DPT
    Sika stag likes this.

Thanks. It’s never had a rear bush and used to have about 2mm clearance around the barrel. There’s no significant back-blast. But yes DPT should be asked.

I have luckily been able to move a few supressors from rifle to rifle as many do. 1/2x20 mostly

But I have run into this problem before. Cant speak for DPT but Ive had supressors that the end of the suppression chamber will not accept the barrel
    due to its GIRTH (not a problem I relate to) but if its like a Maniatis it can be adjusted just needs to be reamed out. Easy job
    YosemiteSam likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Thanks. It’s never had a rear bush and used to have about 2mm clearance around the barrel. There’s no significant back-blast. But yes DPT should be asked.
    There is no back-blast because all the holes are in the front of the unit, reaming it out might change that

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I had 19cm taken off the end of a heavy barrel Rem 700. Now I can’t get the suppressor on due to the wider cross section of the barrel. It’s a DPT suppressor with no rear bush. I think I need to turn a wider hole in the suppressor. Just checking for any other suggestions or warnings.
    No you shouldn’t remove any material from the suppressor inner tube, definitely a chance of suppressor failure if you do.
    tetawa, Micky Duck, Cigar and 1 others like this.

you removed NINETEEN cm of barrel!!!! get rifle into someone who can fit suppressor properly.... you can fit a DPT TO A REM 700 BULL BARREL,they make one with rather fat internal section for the task.
    75/15/10 black powder matters