Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Suppressor visible through scope

Suppressor visible through scope

Hey guys, have just had my bergara single shot 44mag suppressed with a dpt mini. It has a Leupold 1.5-4x25 on top of it and at any magnification below 3x the end of the suppressor is visible in the bottom third or so of the field of view. Just wondering if I could shim the scope base up slightly to fix this and possibly by how much? Or is this something to not even worry about? I have included a picture of what it looks like at 1.5x and obviously it is less and less obvious the more you zoom in.
    Thanks for your time
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very common on low magnification scopes,you can reduce the effect with higher rings at the cost of a poor cheek weld. Personally I wouldn't worry about it.
    Timmay, mikee, northdude and 3 others like this.

Don't worry about it, you don't even notice it if concentrating on sighting on the target.
    tikka, mikee, northdude and 1 others like this.

Can see the suppressor through both my rifle scopes, wouldn’t worry

Totally to be expected on any low mag wide field of view scope. Sometimes alerts one to the barrel indexing or open sight alignment or scope mounting being out of kilter....

you ever use a shotgun????? what you seeing IS DESIREABLE......it will help you rather than hinder you in getting on target quicker....just dont add flurp orange to suppressor or will dazzle yourself....Ive seen bare barrel with scopes of that low of power....
    Marty Henry and caberslash like this.

MB
    Hi cheeseclip. I have almost the same setup as you and the same problem. I've decided to not worry about it. Doesn't seem to make any practical difference.
    timattalon likes this.

The fixed power 2.75 power scope I used to use on my Finnwolf (unsuppressed) showed the end of the barrel, was never an issue.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Cheers for the help guys, guess its nothing to worry about then and to just get out and use the heck out of it!

Cheers
    George
    Bill999, northdude and Micky Duck like this.

Yup, all my rifles have that... not a worry. You'll not even notice it when a deer is above it
    Micky Duck likes this.
    "The generalist hunter and angler is a well-fed mofo" - Steven Rinella

absolutely LOVE that cross hair......must be a joy to use.
    Steve123 and Cordite like this.

It's not a new issue, well and truly predates suppressors. With my old 3x Leupold I could always see the end of the barrel and the foresight although not as intrusive as a suppressor. After a while you just don't see it and if you are you're not concentrating on the aiming mark.

And don't try shimming. You have to raise the scope heaps b4 you can no longer not see the suppressor.
    northdude and Micky Duck like this.

Thanks for the advice zimmer, I did think it might require a fair bit if that's the track I took, don't think ill bother considering all the votes for don't worry about it haha.

Micky duck- yeah its pretty nice to be honest. Seems to work well with my 44mag loads too for different ranges. Very quick to find your target with the smaller amount of zoom too

it is a breath of fresh air to see someone using a scope and cartridge inside the design parameters it is made for...bush range cartridge and bush scope...you COULD use matt black spray paint on suppressor if you find it a bit glary on bright day.
    I was looking at the wee hash marks and they seem alot more logicle than many you see....great it works for you.

yep, normal and to be expected. you don't want to raise the scope,
    I worked hard to find "Low" or Extra Low" mounts for my low power scopes, 1-4x20, 2-8x32 and now 1.5-6x40.
    I still like to use a stock pack to pack it up for prone shooting but for standing they work well.
    The guys above are right, when you have a animal in the sights you don't notice the silencer.
    I only notice mine and the parallax effects when I am playing at home.
    Z
    Ps nice recital, have alway's been partial the #4 and it's variants