Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Suppressors

Thanks for the replies gents.
    Definitely going to in invest in one in the future.. I do struggle to keep my eye on the game with the recoil and blast from my .270 And considering going to a magnum cal so i think i'll really need something to reduce all the potential downfalls.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Iv got a nice big burn on my finger from moving my friends ar15 out of my way after he had shot a string of bullets, but Id never be without them. anything non suppressed dosent get used anymore
    Haha I also made the mistake of trying to brush so crap off my can on the AR after a few mag dumps on the weekend and ended up with black paint over my hands.

If your looking to get a really good one maybe try sending Spanners a PM as he was looking at importing the ASE Utra ones from Tuuka.
    deepsouthaussie likes this.

Can anyone comment on life span of suppressors? Do they deteriorate much over time.. Would you expect any change in performance from say a suppressor thats new and one that had 500 projectiles fly past it?

my gunworks one will outlast the barrel on my 7mm RM.

Yeah I'm looking at one of the new gunworks spartan duraliums...

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Can anyone comment on life span of suppressors? Do they deteriorate much over time.. Would you expect any change in performance from say a suppressor thats new and one that had 500 projectiles fly past it?
    Depends on the internals of the suppressor and if its on a bolt action or semi. Stainless internals will last longer than aluminum but increases the weight. Aluminum internals on bolt actions would generally be fine. But if you were to be sending lots of lead downrange at a range then stainless may be the better option. If its for a little range work and mainly hunting then ali should be fine.

I shoot on small blocks of land and at ranges so a suppressor is considered courteous to the the land owner (or other range users) and so we get invited back. All my rifles with them have noticeable softer recoil and less bang to cause a flinch.

Cheers.
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Littledog View Post
    Depends on the internals of the suppressor and if its on a bolt action or semi. Stainless internals will last longer than aluminum but increases the weight. Aluminum internals on bolt actions would generally be fine. But if you were to be sending lots of lead downrange at a range then stainless may be the better option. If its for a little range work and mainly hunting then ali should be fine.

I shoot on small blocks of land and at ranges so a suppressor is considered courteous to the the land owner (or other range users) and so we get invited back. All my rifles with them have noticeable softer recoil and less bang to cause a flinch.

Cheers.
    Good on ya little dog. sound advice!

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthaussie View Post
    Yeah I'm looking at one of the new gunworks spartan duraliums...
    Thats what I have. Good value