Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Swaro or Leica

The Swaro 8x20 compacts won the day at the sika Show. got them from Jeremy at Rivers To Ranges. nice bloke and good deal. Will be couriered freight free to me during the week. Looking forward to getting them in the bush.
    res likes this.

Blondes or brunettes, probably more personal preference than any real better choice. Swaro has great after care service

I must say I got a Swaro baseball cap at the show and it’s one of the best caps I’ve ever had. It’s fully adjustable, has a great logo and is green. I’m looking forward to wearing it on my next hunt with my Leupold scope/bino combo...
    WillB and Frodo like this.
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Have been told the Swaros are more robust. Cant comment as have not owned both. My 10x25 Swaros are incredible little binos and have had a real hiding for 15 years. Back to factory once to replace cups and re do joints from volume of use. Internals still fine. Good as new. Love em. After sales service is top notch too. Thanks JP.

Robustness is a term often bandied about by manufacturers of high-end luxury sporting equipment - but it's empty praise, considering most people spending THOUSANDS of dollars on an item, will baby it to no end.

I hear ya. Not in this case. I have carried these binos on my belt for their life time pig hunting. Don't tell Swaro but they have been banged inside the case repeatedly as I crawl through scrub, as well as when the butt of the 44 hits them and drowned in blood as it leaks down over my belt. Definitely worse treatment than most would dish out but they have taken it all and asked for more. And the optics. Oh the optics................... Three mates have the Leica compacts. One of them fell to pieces in the glove box. The other two like them but look after them. Who knows ay??
    Frodo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiawatha View Post
    I hear ya. Not in this case. I have carried these binos on my belt for their life time pig hunting. Don't tell Swaro but they have been banged inside the case repeatedly as I crawl through scrub, as well as when the butt of the 44 hits them and drowned in blood as it leaks down over my belt. Definitely worse treatment than most would dish out but they have taken it all and asked for more. And the optics. Oh the optics................... Three mates have the Leica compacts. One of them fell to pieces in the glove box. The other two like them but look after them. Who knows ay??
    You heathen. Haha. Sounds like they're getting plenty of lovin'.

Swaro= great except the stupid single trip/use front lens covers. Shit by design
    I love my 10x40's (should have brought 10x30's or 8x30's) but I hate the shitty disappearing lens protectors.
    Very disapointing given the cost of the bino's

Quote Originally Posted by BSA270 View Post
    The Swaro [COLOR="#0000CD"]8x20[/COLOR] compacts won the day at the sika Show. got them from Jeremy at Rivers To Ranges. nice bloke and good deal. Will be couriered freight free to me during the week. Looking forward to getting them in the bush.
    You mean 8x25?
    good choice you will not regret it.